Little help with this progress script thanks

Borje

Hello everybody experts please I need little help to have this script to work I am newbee...

I would like to have the progressbar to display when files in the folder is deleted. Is there anybody can help me..

I can not have this to works....

Code:

;------------------------------------------------------> Remove Files <---------------------------------------------------

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

_CleanFolder1("D:\IM-Backuper")

If @error Then

MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Folder D:\Backuper is not found')

exit

EndIf

Func _CleanFolder1($fullpath)

Local $dirSize, $file_found, $handle_search, $i = 0, $count = 0

If Not StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($fullpath), 'D') Then

Return SetError(1, 0, '')

EndIf

; Get the amount of file and dirs in the root

$handle_search = FileFindFirstFile($fullpath & '\*')

If $handle_search <> -1 Then

While 1

$file_found = FileFindNextFile($handle_search)

If @error Then ExitLoop

$count += 1

WEnd

FileClose($handle_search)

If Not $count Then Return SetError(2, 0, '')

EndIf

; Progress through the folder

const $PrCopyGui = GUICreate(" Delete all files in folder", 420, 90, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$progressbar1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress (10,20,400,20)

While 1

If @error Then

ExitLoop

EndIf

If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($fullpath & '\' & $file_found), 'D') Then

DirRemove($fullpath & '\' & $file_found, 1)

$i += 1

Else

FileDelete($fullpath & '\' & $file_found)

$i += 1

EndIf

ProgressSet(100 / $count * $i)

WEnd

;ProgressOff()

EndIf

EndFunc

sleep(2000)

exit

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Borje

Hi,

you should work in two steps. In the first step you should collect all files with their full path. After that you have the whole number of files, which you want to delete - so you can set the progressbar in a second step.

GUICtrlSetData ($progressbar1, $iActuallyFileIndexNumber*100/$iNumberOfAllFiles)

And your code is wrong (because the handle of the control : $progressbar1 is missing)

Send a short notice, if you have still the problem. Johannes

Edited by jlorenz1

Johannes LorenzBensheim, Germanyjlorenz1@web.de[post="12602"]Highlightning AutoIt Syntax in Notepad++ - Just copy in your Profile/application data/notepad++[/post]

Hi,

you should work in two steps. In the first step you should collect all files with their full path. After that you have the whole number of files, which you want to delete - so you can set the progressbar in a second step.

GUICtrlSetData ($progressbar1, $iActuallyFileIndexNumber*100/$iNumberOfAllFiles)

And your code is wrong (because the handle of the control : $progressbar1 is missing)

Send a short notice, if you have still the problem. Johannes

Hello Johannes thanks for your help but can you implement this in my code as I is a newbee in this please can you compled my code??

Borje

Hi Borje,

perhaps it is an error of converting source code in html, but the first thing, that you should ever do, is to work with tab stops like this

If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Folder D:\Backuper is not found')
    exit
EndIf

If Not StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($fullpath), 'D') Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, '')
    EndIf
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop
            $count += 1
        WEnd
    EndIf

const $PrCopyGui = GUICreate(" Delete all files in folder", 420, 90, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    While 1
        If @error Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($fullpath & '\' & $file_found), 'D') Then
            DirRemove($fullpath & '\' & $file_found, 1)
            $i += 1
        Else
            FileDelete($fullpath & '\' & $file_found)
            $i += 1
        EndIf

WEnd
;ProgressOff()
    EndIf
EndFunc
sleep(2000)
exit

So you have a better overview about loops and condition statements. Johannes from Germany

Edited by jlorenz1

Johannes LorenzBensheim, Germanyjlorenz1@web.de[post="12602"]Highlightning AutoIt Syntax in Notepad++ - Just copy in your Profile/application data/notepad++[/post]

Hello Johannes thanks for your help but can you implement this in my code as I is a newbee in this please can you compled my code??

Borje

Hi Borje,

this works. It isn't very elegant, cause deleting subfolders are counting like the deleting of one file, but it has a better structure as before. Johannes

; first #include
#include <array.au3>; only necessary to show you the content of the array

;second opt
Opt("TrayIconDebug", 0);this is generally useful, if you are unsure in scripting

;third Declaration of variables
Global $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[1][2];this is an array something like a table actually with 1 row and 2 columns $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[0][0]=Cell A1  $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[0][1]=Cell B1

;fourth GUI
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; this the second part of the GUI section
While 1
        If @error == 1 then MsgBox(4160,'Info', 'File doesnt exist')
  ;$msg = GUIGetMsg()
Wend

;fifth function always at the end!
    If FileExists ($fullpath) then
            While 1
                If @error Then ExitLoop
                $count += 1
                ReDim $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[$count+ 1][2];attach one row more the array/table
                $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[$count][0]= $fullpath & '\' & $file_found;attention arrays starts always with cero!!! Second row is $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[1][0] not $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[2][0]
                If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($fullpath & '\' & $file_found ), 'D') then 
                    $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[$count][1]= 1; this is a folder, which will be deleted with DirRemove()
                Else
                    $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[$count][1]= 0; this is a file, which will be deleted with FileDelete()
                EndIf
            WEnd
            $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[0][0]= UBound($avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders)-1; max. number of files and subfolders
        EndIf

_ArrayDisplay($avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders, 'Content of $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders for a better understanding'); comment it out, if you are sure in using arrays

If $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[0][0] > 0 then
            For $i = 1 to $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[0][0]
                If $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[$i][1]== 1 then DirRemove($avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[$i][0], 1); last parameter for recursive deleting
                If $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[$i][1]== 0 then FileDelete($avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[$i][0])
                GUICtrlSetData ($progressbar1, $i*100/Number($avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[0][0]))
            Next    
            MsgBox(4096, 'Info', $avTableOfFilesAndSubfolders[0][0] & ' files and subfolders successfully deleted')
        Else
            SetError (2, 0, 2) 
        ;MsgBox(4096,'Info','Canceled. This folder contains no files and/or subfolders')
        EndIf
    Else
        SetError (1, 0, 1)
    ;MsgBox(4096,"Info", "Canceled. This folder: " & $fullpath & " doesn't exist.")
    EndIf
    Exit
EndFunc

borje.au3

Edited by jlorenz1

Johannes you is a super programmer, ok I want to delete the subfolders only What I do I would only delete the subfolders in the mainfolder... I not need the choice every time I run this I want to delete all subfolders i think you know. My code working but not with progressbar...

Johannes you is a super programmer, ok I want to delete the subfolders only What I do I would only delete the subfolders in the mainfolder... I not need the choice every time I run this I want to delete all subfolders i think you know. My code working but not with progressbar...

Hi,

I've updated the last source code example. Johannes