How To Change Your IP Address

dnsi

Put this in a batch file and run it.

ipconfig /release

netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static 10.0.0.10 255.0.0.0

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp

pause

If it isn't working try these steps:

type ipconfig in command prompt.

Note the party about: Ethernet adapter *******

Change the "Local Area Connection" to the ****** above. Then run it and then check your IP.

Don't Just Look... Reply Please...

Edited by dnsi

• Developers

If you want your router to pick up a new address, a simple power off and power on will sometimes ask for a new address.

That's a new one for me, never seen that.

In general you either have a fixed IP address assigned by your ISP or the ISP assigns one Dynamically.

In case its dynamic some only change it when the router is rebooted and the DHCP lease is expired but I've also seen ISPs doing a forced change/refresh of the IP address every so often.

@DNSI: This doesn't look like an Example script you want to share so I moved it to Support ....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This is a script i have made for modem crypto F200. It can give you an idea how to do it for your modem

#include <Inet.au3>

$startIP = _GetIP()

$endIP=$startIP

$timemodemisdown=180000

while $endIP=$startIP

;MsgBox(0, "IP Address", "ARXIKH IP : " & $arxikhIP)

RunWait(@Comspec & ' /c start /wait rasphone -h "AccessRunner DSL"')

Sleep($timemodemisdown) ;90 000= 1.5 min 180=3 min 300 000= 5 min

RunWait(@Comspec & ' /c start /wait rasphone -d "AccessRunner DSL"')

$endIP = _GetIP()

;MsgBox(0, "IP Address", "TELIKH IP : " & $telikhIP)

$timemodemisdown=$timemodemisdown+100000

Sleep(3000)

WEnd

If you erase the ";" to this ";MsgBox(0, "IP Address", "ARXIKH IP : " & $arxikhIP)" a messege box will show you the ip and

perhaps you will understand better how the script work .

The idea is this:

It saves your ip to $startIP

It disconect the modem for time=$timemodemisdown so the ip will change and get a new one ( $endIP)

If endip=startip (which means that the modem has connected with the same ip, the loop (while - -- wend) replay again until the modem is connected with a DIFFERENT ip . Then tha script is ended.

This: RunWait(@Comspec & ' /c start /wait rasphone -h "AccessRunner DSL"') disconnect the modem and

this: RunWait(@Comspec & ' /c start /wait rasphone -d "AccessRunner DSL"') connects the modem again .This must be changed with something that works for your modem which is different for every modem and i dont know .

I have made another script based on this for my modem-router (Level one fbr 1417a) but it is very big ,and if i post it here i dont think you will unterstant how it works. The idea is always the same:

1 Get the ip (start ip)

2 disconnect modem or modem-router (you must find the command that connects and disconnects the modem or the modem-router)

(For connect and disconnect a modem router you can use the program wget.exe .search with google to find it, and calling it by the script)

3 sleep for some time ,so that the modem or modem router stay disconnected for 3 - 5 minutes and the ip changes

4 connect the modem or modem router

5 get the ip again ($endIP)

6 if the last ip (endip) is the same do the above again so the new ip to be different , if end ip is different end

I hope I helped.

Edited by sosimple

@ JdeB, dnsi

Most ISP's that I have come in contact with use a dynamic addressing system while adding an optional charge for a static address. The easyiest way is a simple release/renew from the routers built in GUI. The other option, which I thought was well known was to unplug the router/modem and on reconnect it will usually have a new address if you wait about 5 sec(Unplugged). I've never considered this a hack. Its really more of a nusance. -Consider having a dynamic address and trying to connect to your home pc from afar after the power goes out . . . The address is now changed. Fortunately you can use autoit to text you the ip daily . . . or you can pay ten bucks for the static address a month with my ISP (not gonna happen). -I guess you could also use dyndns, though I like the text more.

One good benifit to the renew/release is on a download site that limits you based on ip, you can just obtain a new ip.

Edited by Hatcheda

• 5 years later...

Put this in a batch file and run it.

ipconfig /release

netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static 10.0.0.10 255.0.0.0

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp

pause

If it isn't working try these steps:

type ipconfig in command prompt.

Note the party about: Ethernet adapter *******

Change the "Local Area Connection" to the ****** above. Then run it and then check your IP.

Don't Just Look... Reply Please...

Nice information really helpful for those who want to change their ip address....Here i list out the steps which i follow to change myip address .They are

1.Go to start--->run--->typr cmd

2.Type ipconfig /release

3.Type ipconfig /renew

This will automatically change my dynamic ip address  .Else if you have static ip then you must contact your ISP to change it.After changing your ip you can visit Ip-Details.com to check that whether your network ip is changed or not .