Ay-eye-Pad

sandman

AIPad  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Tabs : Top or Bottom?

• Keep them at the bottom!
    • I like the conventional top style better.
  2. 2. Do you think this should literally replace notepad (overwriting the file)?

• Yes, just back up the original Notepad, of course.
    • No, I'd rather have it as just an alternative.
  3. 3. Sacrifice showing hotkeys in menus for icons?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, I just remembered about this.. Would be sweet if you could make your aipad like Steganos LockNote http://locknote.steganos.com Wth all of your features with the encrypted password setup would be neat.

Yep, that's been planned :) Unfortunately school recently started, and development might get a little slower.

P.S. SourceForge project on the way. ;)

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

AIPad Sourceforge Project

I will set it up more when I get back from San Diego :)

edit: added new URL for name change. 10/7/2007

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Well, i like it!

I tried to make one, but yours surpasses mine by alot! I love the tabs. Just a suggestion, When all the tabs are closed, you should block out:

Under File: Save; Save As; Close Tab; Print

Under Edit: Everything except Prefs

But, overal, i like it alot!

Well, i like it!

I tried to make one, but yours surpasses mine by alot! I love the tabs. Just a suggestion, When all the tabs are closed, you should block out:

Under File: Save; Save As; Close Tab; Print

Under Edit: Everything except Prefs

But, overal, i like it alot!

Thanks. I was actually planning to prevent closing the last tabs, as it creates some problems in the program. (As of 1.1.4 for latest release)

P.S. Nightly builds and a website are coming... check it at http://ayeyepad.sourceforge.net!

Edited by sandman

Hey everyone,

As AIPad is under heavy development and constantly being updated... I see it fit to use SourceForge as my main update source instead of a topic that I must edit everything manually. So for those that want to follow the releases, maybe get an RSS feed or just check the website every now and then. (I may still add a reply for every release and important news, but I'm not going to update the to-do list or source code box or anything like that.)

P.S. 1.1.5 will be out soon, with .aip files and encryption! Check the SVN and download the AIPad.au3 to get the latest progress.

Edited by sandman

Will your .aip format support font formating? I've tried it, and it didnt turn out so pretty..:)

Not in 1.1.5. Later on. Right now it's just encryption.

Cool.

I tried font formatting, but I think it would be easier to use richedit control for font formatting, but that would just be too much, or you could do something like notepad, if they change the font, just keep it the same font each document until they change it again.

or you could do something like notepad, if they change the font, just keep it the same font each document until they change it again.

Edit>Preferences>Choose default font.

Way ahead of you ;)

Also, if you have any other ideas for features, can you please submit a feature request? As I said before, it's a lot easier to keep track of things on SourceForge, and I might forget about it if it's posted here.. my memory is horrible :)

Edited by sandman

For those who haven't noticed, 1.1.5 has been released. And for those who will accept a little bugginess, 1.1.5.6 is released on the SVN, including TTS. Thanks to whoever requested that on SourceForge.

Edited by sandman

#include <AES.au3>?

Sorry, that was for encryption testing.. but hey, it's an SVN build. Just take it out, it isn't using any functions right now.

P.S. I uploaded the new EXE to the SVN so people don't have to find all the includes :)

Hey, translations, anyone?

How would you say 'tab' in German? Online translators aren't using the right meaning.

Edited by sandman