Ay-eye-Pad

sandman

AIPad  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Tabs : Top or Bottom?

• Keep them at the bottom!
    • I like the conventional top style better.
  2. 2. Do you think this should literally replace notepad (overwriting the file)?

• Yes, just back up the original Notepad, of course.
    • No, I'd rather have it as just an alternative.
  3. 3. Sacrifice showing hotkeys in menus for icons?

• Yes
    • No

SVN troubles fixed!!!!

AyEyePad 2.0.0

Changelog from 1.1.6:

- Removed Format>Font. You can already set the font in Preferences.. it was just wasting space.

- Added Insert Symbol function. This will help those typing in different languages on a native English computer.. no more Alt+xxxx combinations to forget!

- Changed icon to Tango icon

- Fixed bug where main GUI would not respond when a separate dialog was open.

- Added UNIX text file support

- Removed bug where language would be overwritten if not selected in Prefs. window.. then all labels would display -1.

- Reduced memory usage by ~6000K

- Added icons to the menus! Woohoo!

- Fixed bug where new tabs would "merge" with other tabs.

- Fixed two bugs with saving files.

- Sessions! :)

- Added Esperanto language support.

- New case functions (All upper, all lower, invert, randomize, alternating).

- Fixed a TON of bugs with the command line.

- Unicode support. Saves in UTF8 character encoding.

- Added refresh for language change

- Last-minute bugfixes with saving a file when launched from command line

The download links are here! ENJOY!

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AyEyePad is popular all over the world! :) From the Google Analytics report of the AyEyePad site:

Posted Image

Visits from: US, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Norway, UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, China, Japan, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Malaysia, and Australia!

And also... I felt it was time:

Posted Image

[url="http://ayeyepad.sourceforge.net"][img]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb205/sandman85048/userbar.png[/img][/url]
Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Not meaning to Hijack this thread but, how do you get those images in your signature, like yours says AyEyePad user?

Lol, I posted it in the codebox of my previous post.

The download links on your site do not work.

Ugh.. I know why. I requested a UNIX name change on SourceForge (from aipad to ayeyepad) and the download servers haven't moved the files yet.. it may take a while for it to update. Hold on, lemme try to fix it..

edit: Nope... we just gotta wait. :)

Edited by sandman

Ok, I see on other thing to add. If you exchange the below for line 684 you will get the if statement foe if something was added and would you like to save your changes if the file exit is used...

change line 684 with this:

Case $menufileexit
        If $nMsg[1] = $win Then
      For $i = 0 To $tabs - 1 Step 1
       $read = GUICtrlRead($tabsheet[$i][2])
       $read2 = FileRead($tabsheet[$i][3])
       $format = StringTrimLeft($tabsheet[$curtab][3], StringInStr($tabsheet[$curtab][3], ".", 0, -1))
       If $format = "aip" Then
        $read = _StringEncrypt(0, $read, "aipad")
       EndIf
       If $read <> $read2 Then
        _GUICtrlTabSetCurFocus($tab, $i)
        $msgbox = MsgBox(4, Lang("Dialog/UnsavedChanges", "title"), Lang("Dialog/UnsavedChanges"))
        If $msgbox = 6 Then
         Save()
        EndIf
       EndIf
      Next
      Exit
     EndIf

I just downloaded latest version from your site (standalone exe and installer) and it creates english.xml in /lang but its 0 bytes and all menus are -1.

Could you send me your MSN address (if you have one) by PM. I have a few suggestions for AyEyePad.

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• 5 weeks later...

I just downloaded latest version from your site (standalone exe and installer) and it creates english.xml in /lang but its 0 bytes and all menus are -1.

Could you send me your MSN address (if you have one) by PM. I have a few suggestions for AyEyePad.

That should be fixed now. My MSN is in my profile.

When going to source forge.net to get your newist relises, I encountered this error:

An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: aipad.sourceforge.net

2. URL path: /

3. Error notes: File does not exist: /home/groups/a/ai/aipad/htdocs/

4. Error type: 404

5. Request method: GET

6. Request query string:

7. Time: 2007-11-07 21:36:40 PST (1194500200)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

1. Contact the project via their designated support resources.

2. Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at user-name@users.sourceforge.net

If you are a member of the project that maintains this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding the project web service for further assistance.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

Sorry for the double post but theres been another slight problem. While using aipad, I get nothing but 1,s on all the menus.

Also, when trying to acces the help, I got this message...

---------------------------

AutoIt Error

---------------------------

Line -1:

Error: Unable to execute the external program.

ª欮ऊ↉✌꘣蚁媜願ගᶊ禰긥ᇛԠ㺕ힻট杲⑶ფ龧儑ꝙ駐᫉묭ᥜ睕扺౧ꨂ♻剝㴮ʔ㋖켯䰀淪湲왩螀赛ꬴⷀⳄꆿ독ꀭ跁猠탔᯴䞜얲Ⅼ奧촿縍翥툕䶏컾者頫벪벒ᷬ亏쇐ᒛ്⢴춷啶惽⇼ꨥ硟雪Ò遣ᵷꟊ풔䛜橕ꊮ份蝫캏ჴ뻓ဗ⽀Ắꇍ㢲⾹틬䀡嶉腄ૡ⪼㸪摓訷岙潮虻䮘㙰癲稖챖㿱ꕀ瞋ꨱ઩◫恱߻ߌ鱷䎬᧕은ᐐ밞ᰫ㬛䩤閤ꪤ钎᢯팝붺㵸ꂨ䭾˲ꀷㅗ볺⁒↞夾ᩐ쓤甉讯톂旧篫㙶롩睩䴋㛽ᥰ娢検䞮坷玠刧鼿ⰳ똸ᾴ䦧ॶӳ山㲶꽂胈ࣶ䎟쾚ᾱ⧋鍋ㆹ㒰렰엀ࡺ摞䗹統蜩Ѯljձ쌌卓ꉠ뮼煭ꗱꬵ玓큑Я漦潙쑯㐄㫽Ƚ搇㬦暮盠࣠࿺곒薔厎鈯啙둶匒샨釔锩憻챴而쐨⡎鯸块Ц扜᫆릾윎戶涑靔띕룂眎詣ꆹ箷䫈⮮翽ׅտ늻둞쏱椏牗ẅ冻眅뼙㺪䔗蹊鉂쒏뺃᠒ꋣ砉䷷㻡ꊸ꿐჻圴備ఀ௡鞌ꫪ⢥쭘矘⇣ᙤ̐ힴ퍼턠ᾏ構냣⇍僟㳃翆へꚨ⽑ꫴⷼૢ贲歴꿈ᙞ핆寺ᒽ䠐翃⍪眦媇裈딀ᐽ⢊ᒜ쉤ӿ獪봢浫쒘ẁ쎴墂䀃䝂᫨쐴덣䞥켥腑䯈⭩Ꮭꫝ瑊얍曊䴨갹Ⰻᒩꄀ읕잜⡾젃⍏橅㣈䇒⒅沣돢姮ꥑ堈⠻዁鉏쒾턞િꏡ緪헜鷐솧죢ᳩ㘗駁ꄉ૒揌ぇቴ鬿諢㇯滔ˍ봎줦ִ底ꖖ髹㨱䲶섏鳪ꝱ娝髙ᗋ᭍貯滄蛦侥砬Ᏻ麣࿙盁⭣⤕清켎禞ꐬ줠撉三镊ⷘ뫫宙綿㫝⓾⹶郈徂ꂶ鱺撠晫辽뙝佣ἐⶍᖛ맔䀾혢띻೛牃ᐦ蛣盹䌟绾ꐶ숧飥掍᪝⪄⾇⪞던ᆘ䶆큂ׅº

Spoiler

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

The help file hasn't been finished yet.

And it's AyEyePad, not AIPad (anymore)

So try visiting http://ayeyepad.sourceforge.net

Im sorry if this is sounding rude or anything but there is one more problem. When I open the menus in AyEyePad, it shows -1 for all the menu buttons. Im not sure how this problem can be fixed???

Sorry I mispronounced the name of AyEyePad...

Spoiler

For some reason it didn't download the English language file correctly. It's an easy fix:

That should fix it.

• 3 months later...