Updating a Label

Hi guys!

I'm currently trying to make a GUI (just for the heck of it, I'm trying to learn how to use Autoit).

I have a GUI that has certain labels (e.g. "Total profit is: $xxx"). The xxx is calculated from the Listview that is also there in the GUI (and if you want to know, the Listview is populated from a text file... yes, I got that far :))

Now, I have also created functions where you can add and remove items from the listview (Adding items requires input into some fields, which are also there in the GUI). As a side note, I also managed to get the GUI to update the text file when a certain element is removed or added.

However, I cannot get the labels to actually change so that the new profit (let's say that I made a mistake and want to change my entry. I would delete my entry and re-type it in). The GUI is only updated once the GUI is turned off and back on (this is expected). Is there a way of acutally making it update as an item is added to the listview?

Thanks guys!

Hi guys!

I'm currently trying to make a GUI (just for the heck of it, I'm trying to learn how to use Autoit).

I have a GUI that has certain labels (e.g. "Total profit is: $xxx"). The xxx is calculated from the Listview that is also there in the GUI (and if you want to know, the Listview is populated from a text file... yes, I got that far :))

Now, I have also created functions where you can add and remove items from the listview (Adding items requires input into some fields, which are also there in the GUI). As a side note, I also managed to get the GUI to update the text file when a certain element is removed or added.

However, I cannot get the labels to actually change so that the new profit (let's say that I made a mistake and want to change my entry. I would delete my entry and re-type it in). The GUI is only updated once the GUI is turned off and back on (this is expected). Is there a way of acutally making it update as an item is added to the listview?

Thanks guys!

Try GuiCtrlSetData()

GuiCreate('Testing', 120, 80) 

$label = GuictrlCreateLabel('More testing...', 10, 10, 100, 20) 

$button = GuictrlCreateButton('Update Label', 10, 40, 100, 25) 

GuiSetState() 

While 1 
    Switch GuiGetMsg() 
        case - 3 
            Exit 
        Case $button 
            GuiCtrlSetdata($label, 'IT CHANGED!!!') 
    EndSwitch 

WEnd
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]