Little help

cdkid

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out to find a RegEx pattern that would help me with this. I've never actually used RegExp before and I'm a bit confused. Basically i have strings that look like this:

1 Zone: 14 X: 337.662079 Y: -4691.141602 Z: 16.457983

but the numbers between Zone: and X: change. Basically i just want to replace everything from Z to X with ", " (a comma and a space). I figured RegExp would be a bit easier than doing StringInStr loops.

~cdkid

Edited by cdkid
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

Sorry, but i am not so good with regular expressions, but i can give you this advice:

A: Rename the thread to "String RegExp: Replace Items?" or something more descriptive other than "little help" or little help is what you will get.

B: You gave the original string, can you give u a copy of it formated how you want it to come out the other side? Manually replace the items you need the script to change. Will make it easier, even with a lack of understanding Regular Expressions, i am finding it hard to visualize what it is you are after.

After that, I am think the topic will have a better chance of drawing the attention of the correct people.

Yeah, I renamed it from RegExp because people freak out when they see the word RegExp.... Everyone hates it, at least this way people look at it :) (It's a trap!)

before edit:

This is how i want it to look after edit..

1 , X: 337.662079 Y: -4691.141602 Z: 16.457983

All i have so far is

StringRegExp($test, "(Z*X)", 2)

this always returns just X tho, ideally i wanna be able to get

Zone: 14 X

in a variable, isolated.

~cdkid

Edited by cdkid
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

• Moderators

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out to find a RegEx pattern that would help me with this. I've never actually used RegExp before and I'm a bit confused. Basically i have strings that look like this:

but the numbers between Zone: and X: change. Basically i just want to replace everything from Z to X with ", " (a comma and a space). I figured RegExp would be a bit easier than doing StringInStr loops.

~cdkid

You could use back referencing ... but to keep it simple since you know the beginning and the end:
Global $sString, $sNew
$sString = "1 Zone: 14 X: 337.662079 Y: -4691.141602 Z: 16.457983"
$sNew = StringRegExpReplace($sString, "(?s)(?i)Zone:.*?X", "Zone:, X")
MsgBox(64, "info", $sNew)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks so much, smoke. Really appreciate it.

~cdkid