stuka

• Developers

There is NO link between the AutoIt3 version and AutoIt3Wrapper supplied with SciTE4AutoIt3.

The "compile with Option"/ GUI also has returned in the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3...

All #Compiler_ directive will be Automagically translated to #AutoIt3Wrapper_ directives and are all still supported.

:)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

I'm currently still using the very old 3.2.2.0 version of AutoIt3. The reason I haven't been upgrading it is due to the to the old directives which I personally prefer.

I did notice that there isn't an option to receive a prompt window whenever we use AutoIt3Wrapper with the newest directives. Is this true? Will the old directives work on the new AutoIt3Wrapper?

I thought an option to change the language should also be available in the new versions so that we do not need to manually change it using Resource Hack.

And yeah, since the decompile option has been removed in the newer version(that's good!), I thought they should remove the 'decompile' option from the directives.

One last thing, do I need to make any changes to my script if I do eventually upgrade?

Thank you. :)

Nah... stay where you are!!

Now... don't just go into anything blind... test, test, test again... If you have projects that are dear to you, and are looking for better options, and think this could be the answer... don't be silly and just dive in.

1. Rename your AutoIt3 directory to AutoIt3_backup

2. Install the latest release.

3. Test for yourself.

If it doesn't work the way you want, then uninstall the AutoIt3 you just installed, then rename the AutoIt3_backup to AutoIt3 ...

Simple enough?

Edit:

You may need to change some registry settings for somethings either way you go, I think that au3 library defaulted at 3.2.4.9 and errors were being thrown with the installer to 3.2.6.0

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

so meaning to say there isn't a really good reason for me to upgrade? Because i thought maybe performance wise, the newer version is better, more secure and stuff like that.

That's not what I said at all, what I'm saying is, you have to be the judge...

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/history.htm

Read from 3.2.2.0 on and you see if it's worth it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

About the newest version of AutoIt3Wrapper, why are the directives automatically added to the top of the script?

Why not ? :)

I have removed the use of the INI files and am now only using Directives so thats why they are added to the top of the script.

And must the GUI version work together with the silent version in order to compile?

Don't understand this question...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Why not ?

I think this is can cause a lost of the script - because when it adds the new lines, the script is disappears for a while, and what if something going to happend in this period of time? for example the AutoIt3Wrapper will crash :)

We can lose in that way script that we work on it a long time...

Imho, the script must be backuped before adding new lines of directives (it can be optional from the GUI dialog), just like it happend when we use Tidy Tool.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

• Developers

Why not at the bottom like before? Neater?

It has never done that and I think that DIrectives belong at the top of the source.

At the Scite download page there are 2 versions of the AutoIt3Wrapper, one is the silent version(no prompt) and the other one is the GUI version. When I ran only the GUI version in the directory, the script was not compiled. It was only compiled when I ran the GUI version with the 'silent' version being in the same directory(think Resource Hacker).

There is only one version of AutoIt3Wrapper. The AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI is solely a GUI and will run AutpoIt3Wrapper after it has updated the Directives in the Sourcescript.

Have you ran the supplied installer to install everything properly ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I think this is can cause a lost of the script - because when it adds the new lines, the script is disappears for a while, and what if something going to happend in this period of time? for example the AutoIt3Wrapper will crash :)

We can lose in that way script that we work on it a long time...

Imho, the script must be backuped before adding new lines of directives (it can be optional from the GUI dialog), just like it happend when we use Tidy Tool.

I do not see your issue here. the change to the script is only made at the very last step when the Button is pressed so I do not see how you could lose data after the data is saved by AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui and the AutoIt3Wrapper program is launched.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I did not install the Scite install package, I only downloaded what I needed.

You assumed you needed ;)

Both Scripts are required in one directory for it to work and I do recommend to use the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer to install SciTE with all its tools to ensure things work properly.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

the change to the script is only made at the very last step when the Button is pressed so I do not see how you could lose data after the data is saved by AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui and the AutoIt3Wrapper program is launched.

I know that :), i mean after i press the button, the currently script that compiled is disappears for a few seconds, so if while this period of time something will going wrong (the AutoIt3Wrapper crash, or the electrycity will shut down ;) ), i can lose the script...

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• Developers

I know that :), i mean after i press the button, the currently script that compiled is disappears for a few seconds, so if while this period of time something will going wrong (the AutoIt3Wrapper crash, or the electrycity will shut down ;) ), i can lose the script...

I am still lost... why does the current script disappear for a few seconds and how could that cause a problem and make you lose your script? Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

why does the current script disappear for a few seconds

I don't know :) , my system is Win XP SP2, and when i compile the script without the AutoIt3Wrapper, this is not happening.

how could that cause a problem and make you lose your script?

Because as i think, the script is disappearing while the directives is added to it (the data of the script is stored in memory (variable?), and the script is moved/deleted or whatever), and if something will wrong while this few milleseconds/seconds, the data will never be writen to file ;).

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• Developers

I don't know :) , my system is Win XP SP2, and when i compile the script without the AutoIt3Wrapper, this is not happening.

Because as i think, the script is disappearing while the directives is added to it (the data of the script is stored in memory (variable?), and the script is moved/deleted or whatever), and if something will wrong while this few milleseconds/seconds, the data will never be writen to file ;).

How are you starting AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI? from SciTE with Ctrl+F7 or from the Explorer with RightMouseClik/"Compile with options" ?

AutoIt3Wrapper will read the whole script into memory, then updated the needed records in memory after which it is written back to the Scriptfile. Can not see much going wrong there and want to avoid clutter by creating extra backups....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

How are you starting AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI? from SciTE with Ctrl+F7 or from the Explorer with RightMouseClik/"Compile with options" ?

I am using the explorer "Compile with options".

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• Developers

I am using the explorer "Compile with options".

Ok understand what you mean now.

Well the original gets recycled so you can always restore it :

FileRecycle($ScriptFile_In)
        Local $Fh = FileOpen($ScriptFile_In, 2)
        FileWrite($Fh, $directives)
    ; remove the added @CRLF 
        FileWrite($Fh, StringMid($Full_source,3))
        FileClose($Fh)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.