Check if any key was pressed

Hi,

I have a script which is running every 10 seconds (with Window's Task Scheduler). But I only want it to run if I am not working in a special window ($windowtitle).

I now have this which checks if the mouse has been moved:

if WinActive($WindowTitle) then 
  $pos1 = MouseGetPos()
  Sleep (2000)
  $pos2 = MouseGetPos()
; exit if mouse has been moved
  if ($pos1[0]<>$pos2[0]) or ($pos1[1]<>$pos2[1]) then exit
endif

But I would also like to check if a button has been pressed in that window. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Oliver

Edited by owilsky

But I would also like to check if a button has been pressed in that window. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Oliver

Any button, or a particular one? You can register your own handler for button messages, but it gets into some advanced technique (at least advanced to me) and has a high risk of interfering with the normal operation of the control. You could perhaps check for other things more easily, like left mouse button with IsPressed(), combined with mouse coordinates over that control.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Any button, or a particular one?

Yes, any button. I do not want to run my script if the computer is being used. And I don't want to interfer or catch the button presses, I only want to know IF a button has been pressed.

Yes, any button. I do not want to run my script if the computer is being used. And I don't want to interfer or catch the button presses, I only want to know IF a button has been pressed.

There was an interesting DLL call (written by Larry, I think) posted that gave the idle time of the console (no mouse movement or keystrokes). That would be much easier and more reliable, but I can't find it on a quick search. Poke around the search function for the forum and look for it.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law