find filename i clicked on

Hi everybody

I want to make a resident autoit script that can find the filename I click on...

In other words, this script must know, what's the PDF file I click on, before adobe Reader open the file.

If you have any idea how to do that with auto it It would be great

thanks

Hi everybody

I want to make a resident autoit script that can find the filename I click on...

In other words, this script must know, what's the PDF file I click on, before adobe Reader open the file.

If you have any idea how to do that with auto it It would be great

thanks

If you mean to use your own pop up, just use FileOpenDialog(). If you mean the dialog of another app, then you'll have to watch for that app's file dialog and read the selection from it. What is the context for "the filename I click on..."?

:)

Edit: On re-reading, perhaps you mean double-clicking in Explorer? Then you could modify the file association for .pdf to run your script first, which would then launch Adobe reader.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

In fact I want to catch filename I doubleclick on Explorer, I have to analyse this filename for further purpose.

I want to make a resident autoit script able to catch what I double click...

Is it possible ?

Is the file always with the same extension, or a short list of extensions? Then you are back to changing the file associations for those extensions to your script, which performs your function and then passes it out to the normal handler app.

If you want to catch EVERY double click in Explorer then maybe you could register your own handler for that WM_* message in Explorer. Even if Windows lets you do that, it would seem... viral-like...

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Take a look at these in the help. They should be all you need.

_IsPressed (in the UDF help, not regular help)

WinGetCaretPos

ControlCommand

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.