Compare letters to string

Hi, I'm trying to make a scrabble type game and need to figure out how to compare the letters to the word. I have a dictionary list of words in a text file I would like it to scramble up.

Here is what I need help doing yet:

1) Display a bunch of random letters in a label.

2) Compare the users input to the scrambled letters to see if it is a word (it will be a word if its equal to a word in my words.txt file).

Example:

Step 1: Game displays 3-12 scrambled letters in a label.

Step 2: The player enters a word in a textbox and pushes an 'ok' button.

Step 3: It checks to see if the word in the textbox contains the exact letters that are scrambled.

Step 4: Now it checks to see if that word is in the words.txt file.

Step 5: If the word is in the text file, it will display a msgbox saying "Correct."

Can someone please help me figure this out. I really have no clue where to start.

Hi, I'm trying to make a scrabble type game and need to figure out how to compare the letters to the word. I have a dictionary list of words in a text file I would like it to scramble up.

Here is what I need help doing yet:

1) Display a bunch of random letters in a label.

2) Compare the users input to the scrambled letters to see if it is a word (it will be a word if its equal to a word in my words.txt file).

Example:

Step 1: Game displays 3-12 scrambled letters in a label.

Step 2: The player enters a word in a textbox and pushes an 'ok' button.

Step 3: It checks to see if the word in the textbox contains the exact letters that are scrambled.

Step 4: Now it checks to see if that word is in the words.txt file.

Step 5: If the word is in the text file, it will display a msgbox saying "Correct."

Can someone please help me figure this out. I really have no clue where to start.

Start with the AutoIt help file. Have you coded anything at all yet? Do you already know how to open and read the file? Do you know how to select random characters? Do you have the GUI yet?

Any of those parts could be taken separately as the starting point. Just do it! Post some code and a more direct question if you need more help.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law