*Os Type

*Service Pack

*Current User name

*Computer Name

*Domain Name

* Login Server Name

*Memory Load

*Total Ram

*Computers on Network (with help from the forum, I go the idea and help from a messanager that uses net view to covert the computer names(sorry I can not remember the artist who wrote it)

* Scans a range of IP's (with some help from savj14)

*Returns a list of software from a remote computer through IP address or Computer name.

Things to do:

I am currently working on a version with tabs and includes domains & Ip address of the computers.

*List of computer for the software retrival

*Registry Mapping

*Port Scanner

I was just wanting to see what everyone thought.

Edited by flip209

" I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison "You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the update Tabbed Version, I takes a while to open up thou. I think I may put a button to call the information as it is requested.

Any Ideas?

Edited by flip209

" I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison "You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." Abraham Lincoln

This is the Best one I think it is tabed with buttons to fix the slow issue.

Edited by flip209

Must be a good program 255 views and 1 rely from someone other then me....

I like where you are going with this........And I have a few suggestions or questions on if it will be possible to do.

Can you search for a range of IP addresses? Or get information from any Computer that is on the network?

Is there a way to get a list of all Installed Software? MS Updates/Hotfixes?

It would be very useful if I could run an a script that could do this at work. I have been looking for something that can search my entire newtork. Tell me who the user is and give me a list/report of all Software that is installed. I know there is commercial Software out there that can do this but what fun is that?

Any thoughts on this?

So in short do the following:

- Input an IP Range

- Show What User Accounts are on each machine that it finds an Alive Connection

- Show all Installed Software from Each Machine

- Show All MS-Updates/Hotfixes From Each Machine

Edited by savj14

I will look in to it. I know in the registry you can pull the hive label to get softway and also registry gives you the current user.

I know it is possible, as I said before the commercial software can pull this data. It is just a matter of where.

There are times at work that we need to get a count of certain Licensed Software. So instead of me walking up to each machine individually, it would be nice to collect this information right from my desk. Just using the script. If I can get reports from each machine that would be very useful. That way I would know which user it is by the username and I could see if they have the Licensed Software.

Maybe I am dreaming here, but why not shoot for the Sky. If AutoIt can pull this off, it is all the more reason why this is the best Scripting Language out there. So far I am more than impressed with both AutoIt and the community :)

i just pull all the software on my computer. we use trackit to do our and you have to run the script on the local machine to create and xml.

Here is a vbscript that will Extract Instlled Software and MS Updates :)

Now we just need to Figure out how to implement this into AutoIt.

Scan an IP Range, gathering this information along with the Username, CPU Name, and pull it into a Nice report.

I have three CPU's on my home network. It was able to pull the information from all but one Machine. Not sure why it couldn't get the one machine.

But at least this is a start.

I will attach the VBS.

InstalledPrograms.zip

i just pull all the software on my computer. we use trackit to do our and you have to run the script on the local machine to create and xml.

I'd really like to be able to pull the software Remotely if possible. It still saves from asking Users to run a file and everything.

I was thinking like a remote agent which could be done a few way send a small .exe to run like 2 min at it is copied. Same effect no end use actions.

Small Version of the software code:

Edited by flip209

I see it now but I do not need I figured it out check this out I like it better then the list items:

Edited by flip209

That is pretty nice, except it doesn't really give you all of the descriptions as the Vbscript does. Some software like Adobe Photo shop will just say Adobe.

I think if we could get the VBS into AutoIt and Generate a nice looking Report it would work best.

I don't think the method you posted would work Remotely just on a local Machine the Script is run on.

See where the $comname is if you put the computer name you need the info off it will pull it. LOL logged into work from home to test