Accessing Game Client Menus

I am trying to access game menus like in the picture below. In this picture you can see that there is a sort of logic command line built out of drop down menus and input boxes at the bottom of the client window. It that allows you to build structures on multiple planets at once, the planets are listed in the large box in the middle. So far I have been automating certain commands by using the mouseclick function, in effect macroing my mouse movements. I was wondering if there was a function that would let me access the menus directly, or would allow me to search for worlds, like how pixel search looks for certain shades. I would have it look for the text "Add Structures" in order to select it from the menu. Does AutoIt have any function like I have described?

Posted Image

The closest you will get is Pixel search to map out every letter of the word, and Then some sort of OCR, which makes for an extremely complex script.

That said, your application looks like a desktop program, have you attempted to lift info from it with the Window info tool?

That said, your application looks like a desktop program, have you attempted to lift info from it with the Window info tool?

No I have not. Is there information on that in the help file?

What you described is rather complex so I would rather use mouseclick. But I will try to learn about this tool see if it would help.

The closest you will get is Pixel search to map out every letter of the word, and Then some sort of OCR, which makes for an extremely complex script.

Hi tAKTelapis, when you mention 'Pixel search', what do you mean? Can you give an example of a function doing pixel search? I am learning up the scripting language for this application. It is interesting and I realised I have a long way to go :)