Autoit functions

Hi again, I've been learning quite a bit with the short time I have off work and school, all thanks to the example scripts from other people. I learned how to delete files, but I wonder if how can I add a schedule task function to it, and is it possible to copy the files to another directory just in case I need them back. I'm very new at programming so I know it may sound silly but I'm still learning the functions of Autoit.

I tested a script and it deletes specific or extensive files...however I was expecting them to go to the recycle bin for some reason, it made me realize a copy or re-direct script can come in handy to learn. In addition, I learned to pop a picture of my vacation pics that takes the whole screen with a set timer...how can I make a picture take the desktop screen with a press of a key, like a slideshow and all I have to do is press a key and every other picture can pop up like it was a screen saver, that way it's like a little mini slideshow of pics at the press of a button, with that said, can .avi or video be done too? I'm going to try it myself right now and maybe I'll figure it out, I just thought I would ask in case some one wants to speed up my learning road lol.

I also don't know how to add Graphical Interfaces, as like a menu for the functions of the programs I want to create instead of just pop message boxes that work, but they don't like a complete program, yeah I know, this sounds like basic stuff and I should look at the tutorials again, so if this question feels like a bother, than you don't have to reply, I just preffer human contact rather than searching through articles that I might have missed. Thanks!

I'm going to run through the example scripts and maybe I'll find the function there, I could've sworn I saw something similar but I can't find it agian >.> oh well.

If i were you i would first go thru HelpFile of autoit. It has all the commands written down and then check for things in Example Scripts and forum.

I tested a script and it deletes specific or extensive files...however I was expecting them to go to the recycle bin for some reason, it made me realize a copy or re-direct script can come in handy to learn.

Sends a file or directory to the recycle bin. --> FileRecycle ( "source" )

I also don't know how to add Graphical Interfaces, as like a menu for the functions of the programs I want to create instead of just pop message boxes that work, but they don't like a complete program, yeah I know, this sounds like basic stuff and I should look at the tutorials again, so if this question feels like a bother, than you don't have to reply, I just preffer human contact rather than searching through articles that I might have missed. Thanks!

You're right.. a lot of tutorials teach that. Use them, then ask questions. Check sticky topics from EXAMPLES forum.

Go and experiment a lot. Take A look again in help file. Go to Index. Type in GUI and read. Then go thru every script included there and see what it does. Comment some parts of code and see what dissapears, what appears. Stuff like that.

Install SCITE that is supplied by JDEB which will make things a lot easier for you. Running a script within SCITE is 1 click. No compiling or anything. Just fast testing of things.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

But is there a way to pop up a .avi .mov or mpeg that takes over the entire desktop like the slideshow? I would make ESC key to return to normal. I can do with .jpg and I tried an avi but the screen just went blank. Maybe it's cause playing a video file isn't the same as displaying a picture file I guess.