Looping to address several instances of a class

Can anyone please tell me why this snippet of code does nothing? (no errors are reported).

I am trying to send a blank to each of the 6 Input boxes in my AutoIt GUI application, in order to clear them. I know I could achieve this by GUICtrlSetData("name", "") for each instance but because this is something I shall need a lot in many proglets, I plan to turn it into a UDF which clears all the inputs and/or edit boxes in the current window without knowing in advance what their ControlIDs are.

For $Count = 1 to 6
  ControlSend("", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:" & $Count & "]", "")
Next

Thanks.

Caravelle

I thought I had found the error, I was trying to concatenate a number into my string. However, it still does nothing when $Count is converted to a string..

For $Count = 1 to 6
  ControlSend("", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:" & String($Count) & "]", "")
Next

Caravelle

Can anyone please tell me why this snippet of code does nothing? (no errors are reported).

I am trying to send a blank to each of the 6 Input boxes in my AutoIt GUI application, in order to clear them. I know I could achieve this by GUICtrlSetData("name", "") for each instance but because this is something I shall need a lot in many proglets, I plan to turn it into a UDF which clears all the inputs and/or edit boxes in the current window without knowing in advance what their ControlIDs are.

For $Count = 1 to 6
  ControlSend("", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:" & $Count & "]", "")
Next

Thanks.

Caravelle

Right now you have the count inside "". Try removing the quotes.

Thanks, but I can't agree with you there. $Count is between an end quote and a start quote , not the other way around. It's definitely outside quotes.

Are you saying that the concatenation operator & and the items it concatenates don't have to be outside the quotation marks surrounding the string?

Caravelle