Simple Web Browser

JustinReno

Simple Web Browser

I've rewritten Simple Web Browser for the last time (Hopefully). I didn't like how messy the code and GUI was. I also removed the Creative Commons License.

Its completely rewritten from scratch with no help.

Features:

Small Size: Compiled(312KB) Script(7KB)

Easy to use.

Bugs: Not unless you call the title flickering a bug.

Todo: Suggestions?

Not Todo: Tabs

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Compiled EXE:

Attached Below!

Script: Ha, hahaha, ha! No.

The favorites was from Alek's webbrowser, not copied, but I followed his structure.

Please give feedback on the new version! Thanks. :)

Edited by JustinReno

nice, but it needs a couple of improvements:

• replace label with a status bar
  • add a progress bar
  • so many browsers are being made and none of them is tabbed, i find it pretty usefull and easy to make

*It takes too long to start.

*Get rid of the splash and the awful windows startup sound! haha

*Doesn't seem to work right with small screens or when you resize it. Look:

Posted Image

I went to preferences and changed the default size and now it shows up like this:

Posted Image

hehe. I'm using Win98 at the moment. I'm assuming it will work better with my other computer.

I'd like to know if it creates any temp files or something like that so I can remove them. Thanks.

yeah, that actually would be good, and a max, it also gets distorted. I have a 17inch screen and i want to know and ideal size for screens under 1400x900 pixels.

So, could someone test out there screen for a minimum? and/or max please?

You can always set the screen resolution and test it by yourself...It's not that hard...

• 1 month later...

Ok, Its reuploaded with some of the questions people asked. The answers to most of them are in the first post. I look forward to seeing you guys to reply! Thanks for all the replies so far! And sorry the source isn't up yet.

You can put the image back, just make it smaller.

And Nahuel images on post 5, if he ever comes back to this post need to be replaced with reduced images or removed.

Edited by GaryFrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Completely Rewritten from scratch. Source released for both old and new, compiled version, and screenshot. Please tell me what you think! ^_^:) Thanks. :)

Hi Justin,

I must be missing something... I see an EXE file at top which was modified on Dec 6tth which I believe is the compiled version, but I'm not seeing the source code for either version.

Any chance you could post a zip file with the sources codes and the compiled version?

Thanks,

gpence

Edited:

OK, I broke down and downloaded the EXE file (shame on me!).

Now, what does the SPEAK button do?? I clicked it once and heard it say *something* -- unfortunately, my headphones were connected to the computer so I couldn't tell what. When I tried clicking again, nothing happened. When I closed the browser and re-opened it, I clicked it and it said (I think) ZERO (?), but then again, subsequent clicks gave no results.

For the wish list, I would like a resize-able window and a status bar...

Thanks,

gpence

Edited by gpence

try selecting some text and then press the speak button.. think it reads it out loud for you

Well, that part works... sort of... I selected some text and it did read it -- once. I still have to close the application then restart it to read another piece of text.