Looking for a small screenshot script

gosu

Hi guys,

I´m looking for a script which takes a screenshot every 5 or 10 secs and save it to the harddisk. I tried to do this with paint, but I want the user don´t notice anything of it. Is there a way to do this?

Greets,

gosu.

[quote name='d2hacker88' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:10 PM']Can someone please help me out with autoit like gimme a link on how to use it cause i have no experience with computer languages and i'd like to make a program with autoit in order to empress my computer teacher.[right][snapback]52215[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Just wondering, but it sounds to me like you want to monitor what someone else is doing on the computer, the best way to do that is to download a free keylogger (search Google).

Just wondering, but it sounds to me like you want to monitor what someone else is doing on the computer, the best way to do that is to download a free keylogger (search Google).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, my comp is running all the time, even if I´m not there, and I think my little brother is intrested in my data, but I didn´t have a clue for that untill now... So such a script would be very nice :) I want to do it in autoit.

[quote name='d2hacker88' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:10 PM']Can someone please help me out with autoit like gimme a link on how to use it cause i have no experience with computer languages and i'd like to make a program with autoit in order to empress my computer teacher.[right][snapback]52215[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Well, the problem is, there is no built in ScreenShot save to file thing like you want, I suppose you could download Fraps (www.fraps.com) and have AutoIt send (F10) every 10 seconds which would save a screenshot to the fraps folder. But seriously, I would STRONGLY recommend a keylogger, they not only take pictures, but record typing as well, including web adresses and such.

Well, the problem is, there is no built in ScreenShot save to file thing like you want, I suppose you could download Fraps (www.fraps.com) and have AutoIt send (F10) every 10 seconds which would save a screenshot to the fraps folder. But seriously, I would STRONGLY recommend a keylogger, they not only take pictures, but record typing as well, including web adresses and such.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, too bad there is no screenshot function. Would come in handy...

And I don´t want to download something of which I don´t know the source code. Who the heck knows what it does actually do?

If you know what apps you suspect he is entering, you could set up a script to monitor for those window titles or process names. Once the suspected action occurs you could have the script go "ape-shit" and scare your brother...

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe, that´s a cool idea. If there is no resultion to take screenshots, I´ll do this.

Hm, I found out there is DllCall()... If there was a dll with a screenshot function, I could take screenshots, couldn´t I?

An other idea: I could do PixelGetColor() on every Pixel and write every color value + ; to a file... Files would get big, but this would be possible, wouldn´t it?

And I don´t want to download something of which I don´t know the source code. Who the heck knows what it does actually do?

Hehe, that´s a cool idea. If there is no resultion to take screenshots, I´ll do this.

Hm, I found out there is DllCall()... If there was a dll with a screenshot function, I could take screenshots, couldn´t I?

An other idea: I could do PixelGetColor() on every Pixel and write every color value + ; to a file... Files would get big, but this would be possible, wouldn´t it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PixelGetColor could be very slow depending on your screen and resolution

I know you don't want to use third-party apps, but have you seen my IrfanView post?

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

you could do a loop of wingettitle("") and wingettext("") to return the current window's title and text... whatever you do, you might want to have it sleep if the mouse isn't being moved every minute or two, so you don't have a day's worth of screenshots or text of a empty screen...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

PixelGetColor could be very slow depending on your screen and resolution

I know you don't want to use third-party apps,  but have you seen my IrfanView post?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm, does Ifran View pop up when saving a screenshot?

you could do a loop of wingettitle("") and wingettext("") to return the current window's title and text...  whatever you do, you might want to have it sleep if the mouse isn't being moved every minute or two, so you don't have a day's worth of screenshots or text of a empty screen...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm yeah, that´s an idea... Would be much faster than getting the color of every pixel :)

But I still wonder there´s no command-line-utility to capture screenshots...

Edited by gosu

I didnt know IrfanView actually took screen shots. I have been using that program for resizing pictures and keeping the resolution of a picture while rotating it and such. Let me know the screen shot deal. I could probably write a quick code on how a screen shot could be taken :)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

If you use IrfanView, here a little example:

#CS
i_view32.exe /capture=0
Capture the whole screen.

i_view32.exe /capture=1
Capture the foreground window.

i_view32.exe /capture=2
Capture client area of the foreground window
#CE

$ivPath= '"C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe"'
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $ivPath & " /capture=1 /convert=myscreenshot.jpg",'', @SW_HIDE)
MsgBox(0, "", "ScreenShot taken")

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

QUOTE(BL@(K-R34P3R @ Oct 4 2004, 02:18 PM)

Actually, fraps DOES have a screenshot function... It is default F10.

Could you set every letter as a hotkey and make a bunch of functions like

Func a()

FileWriteLine("whatsmybrodoing.txt", "a")

EndFunc

It would be very annoying to read, but it might do the trick. Also, im not sure if it would work but you might be able to do

Func a()

FileWriteLine("whatsmybrodoing.txt", "{bs}a")

EndFunc

So it deletes the previous linefeed. not sure though.

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Well this doesnt work for some reason but can someone smart check it.

HotKeySet("a", "a");a
HotKeySet("b", "b");b
HotKeySet("c", "c");c
HotKeySet("d", "d");d
HotKeySet("e", "e");e
HotKeySet("f", "f");f
HotKeySet("g", "g");g
HotKeySet("h", "h");h
HotKeySet("i", "i");i
HotKeySet("j", "j");j
HotKeySet("k", "k");k
HotKeySet("l", "l");l
HotKeySet("m", "m");m
HotKeySet("n", "n");n
HotKeySet("o", "o");o
HotKeySet("p", "p");p
HotKeySet("q", "q");q
HotKeySet("r", "r");r
HotKeySet("s", "s");s
HotKeySet("t", "t");t
HotKeySet("u", "u");u
HotKeySet("v", "v");v
HotKeySet("w", "w");w
HotKeySet("x", "x");x
HotKeySet("y", "y");y
HotKeySet("z", "z");z
HotKeySet("{space}", "space")

Func a()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}a")
EndFunc
Func b()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}b")
EndFunc
Func c()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}c")
EndFunc
Func d()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}d")
EndFunc
Func e()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}e")
EndFunc
Func f()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}f")
EndFunc
Func g()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}g")
EndFunc
Func h()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}h")
EndFunc
Func i()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}i")
EndFunc
Func j()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}j")
EndFunc
Func k()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}k")
EndFunc
Func l()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}l")
EndFunc
Func m()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}m")
EndFunc
Func n()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}n")
EndFunc
Func o()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}o")
EndFunc
Func p()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}p")
EndFunc
Func q()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}q")
EndFunc
Func r()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}r")
EndFunc
Func s()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}s")
EndFunc
Func t()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}t")
EndFunc
Func u()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}u")
EndFunc
Func v()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}v")
EndFunc
Func w()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}w")
EndFunc
Func x()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}x")
EndFunc
Func y()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}y")
EndFunc
Func z()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs}z")
EndFunc
Func space()
   FileWriteLine("monitor.txt", "{bs} ")
EndFunc
While 1
   Sleep ( 12345 )
Wend
My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Josbe's idea is very good. And I find that "i_view32.exe" can run even if IrfanView is not be installed.

But the size of "i_view32.exe" is too large, 1.04M. Is there any other software which have the same function with i_view32.exe, but not be spysoft

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Get a freaking keylogger. They are the best, they can be completely undectable with a few minutes of setup. +, they are very reliable and don't take up much cpu usage!

Thx for the answers. I´ll check the Ifran View tip. :)

@Reaper: with "Hmm, too bad there is no screenshot function. Would come in handy..." I meant AutoIt. :)

: Thx, Ifran View works just great! Just thank you all, especially josbe! ;)

Edited by gosu