_IEAttach error

colba

I'm getting this error:

------------------------------------

>"D:\apps\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "D:\mydocs\test_IEAttach.au3"

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Information from function _IE_VersionInfo, version V2.3-1 (Release date: 20070813)

D:\apps\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (324) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Local $o_ShellWindows = $o_Shell.Windows ()

Local $o_ShellWindows = $o_Shell.Windows ()^ ERROR

>Exit code: 1 Time: 1.832

From this code:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IE_Example ("basic")

_IE_VersionInfo()

$oIE2 = _IEAttach("basic")

IE Version: 7.0.5730.11

Windows Version: 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300 : Server Pack 2)

AutoIT Version: v3.2.6.0

Why does this happed ?

Thanks

Colin

Strange things like this can happen when you have an iexplore.exe process in a strange state. Try 1) stopping all browsers 2) logging out 3) rebooting 4) buy a new computer 5) forget about computers for a while, get a dog, a full tank of gas and a girlfriend and take a road trip

See if the problem persists

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Strange things like this can happen when you have an iexplore.exe process in a strange state. Try 1) stopping all browsers 2) logging out 3) rebooting 4) buy a new computer 5) forget about computers for a while, get a dog, a full tank of gas and a girlfriend and take a road trip

Dale

I was getting the same error and this worked for me. Thanks!

Dale

I've tried all the above (except the dog, my last one died :) and my wife is none too happy about the girlfriend ;).

I Still get the same problem though. One thing I forgot to mention is that I have Google toolbar on IE.

I'm trying to write an au3 script I can deploy and I need it to work no matter what version of IE or plug ins the users have. Any other suggestions ?

Colin

That is very odd. Did you really try it on another computer?

Suggest you add _IEErrorHandlerRegister() and see if the message changes.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble