Hiding the taskbar - Now Disabling

Achilles

right click on it.

properties < autohide taskbar < apply

Sorry, I should of explained more. I mean completely hide it using autoit.

I'm using an WinSetState('sadfasdf', '', @SW_HIDE/@SW_SHOW) and it's causing the taskbar to show which is interfering a full screen animation I have going.

So, during my animation I want the taskbar to be completely hidden (or disabled).

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Well, I tried it and what you say doesn't happen to me. I hide the task bar for a few seconds and in the mean-time I navigate through the windows with ALT-TAB and the taskbar remains hidden.

I assume you used WinSetState ( "classname=Shell_TrayWnd", "", @SW_HIDE) at the begining of your script and WinSetState ( "classname=Shell_TrayWnd", "", @SW_SHOW) at the end :)

Maybe you could also try this after hiding it:

Opt('Wintitlematchmode',4)
WinSetState ( "classname=Shell_TrayWnd", "", @SW_DISABLE)

and then enabling it again when the script finishes.

It works perfectly for me, strangely.

Alright, that did hide it, however it didn't solve my problem. When I hide or show a window it still activates the taskbar which causes it to show on top of my full screen animation... Any suggestions?

Really? That's quite odd... could you provide reproduction code? I wrote a program a little while ago to hide the taskbar with winsetstate when not in focus because I didn't like how the default Windows auto-hide behaviour wanted to make the taskbar visible whenever there was a traytip, or some window wanting focus, especially since it seemed so glitchy, sometimes a window would still want focus even after I gave it, and the taskbar wouldn't hide, and I'd be missing the bottom of my windows, and ARG, etc. So I wrote a small script to hide the taskbar whenever my mouse wasn't near it.

Anyway, the starting point of this rant was to say that I had to add in extra code just to make the taskbar appear when it had focus, but the mouse wasn't near it. ie: If I pressed the Windows key and the mouse was at the top of the screen, or if I pressed Win+B or something. I was having trouble with that at first, so even when it had focus the window was still invisible, so I find it odd that you're having the opposite problem almost.

Alright, I found, while making a reproduction code, that the following question was due to a stupid mistake on my part.

First I asked how to hide the taskbar which was answered wonderfully but I very stupidly put the WinSetState(...) in the middle of my code (right after the part I thought was causing the problem which was in the middle of the animation). This caused the showing of the window to be unnoticed but then when I had the WinSetState(.., '', @SW_SHOW) it showed it in the middle of my animation. So, I fixed my original problem and caused a new one even though both problem were the same thing. (I hope that made sense).

Anyways, I moved the WinSetState(..) to after my animation was done and it works well, thanks to all!

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Multiple Desktops is having an option to have Desktop specific windows.

Look at this for very basic version of Multiple Desktops... I've made sooooooo many changes though. And it's almost ready!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, lets say you have an "AutoIt" desktop, then you add "Scite" and "AutoIt Help" to the Windows List (which will be in a GUI I've made), when you change desktops those two windows will be hidden until you go back to the desktop that they originated in.

Oh, cool idea... like most Linux desktop environments...

I'm looking forward to it.

That's actually where I got the idea... However when I saw linux on a friend's computer it only changed the background. I asked him if, since linux is open code (or so I've been led to believe), you could make it so that there are files that are only on each desktop and said he could probably do it... So I decided I would do it for my XP...

Well, I use Debian and when I switch desktops it changes the background pic and the programs you are running in each one of them.

Now, I tested the compiled version of your program and it doesn't work... I suppose it has something to do with the OS language or my win98.

I run it and nothing happens...

Well, I use Debian and when I switch desktops it changes the background pic and the programs you are running in each one of them.

Now, I tested the compiled version of your program and it doesn't work... I suppose it has something to do with the OS language or my win98.

I run it and nothing happens...

That's weird, I'm guessing (based on some of the function I've seen you use) that you have a Spanish OS, and the win98 might have something to do with it too... :) PaulIA's autoItlib stuff require XP right?

I don't know... :) I have three comps and one of them has WinXP. Guess I could try it there.

That's what I would recommend... I have no way (as of present) to test Multiple Desktops on other operating systems. Once I finish my installer I'll try it on some computer down at my school.

I'm pretty sure that the AutoItLib has to have Win XP so that is probably you problem.