MouseClick vs ControlClick buttons

therks

So I was experimenting with these two functions (MouseClick and ControlClick) and found that if I had my mouse buttons swapped, then MouseClick behaved as expected (left actually "clicked" the left button bringing up the menu) but ControlClick detected the change, and instead of "clicking" the left button (and activating the menu) it just acted like I clicked the primary button.

So in summary, I had these results:

(MC = MouseClick, CC = ControlClick)

In "Left handed" mode (Left = secondary, right = primary):

MC "Left": Secondary click Expected

CC "Left": Primary click Unexpected

MC "Right": Primary click Expected

CC "Right": Secondary click Unexpected

Not that I'm complaining, but I don't want to rely on this behaviour and then in the future find out it's a bug and it gets changed and my code is all screwey.

I was actually thinking that perhaps we could have the "main" "menu" "primary" and "secondary" button keywords that MouseClick has incorporated into ControlClick, opinions?

Then there'd be no confusion. "Want to bring up the context menu on that button? ControlClick(...'menu')" etc.

i do think however that it would be better to have one function one way and on the other (just in case you NEVER know...) but i think it should be swapped MC should do the correct click command and CC should do the expected command... it would make more sense to me at least that way...

Edited by botanic

• 2 weeks later...