PC Speedup *V.1.05* (Only tested on Windows XP, NEED VISTA TESTER)

ashley

A few things i would like to know!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like PC Speedup?

• Yes, its very good!
    • Yes, its good!
    • Its ok!
    • No i dont like it!
  2. 2. Should i carry on with PC Speedup and make it better?

• Yes!
    • No!

Welcome to the PC Speedup thread!

Q. What does PC Speedup do?

A. It allows you to Speedup your PC(WINDOWS ONLY SORRY :) )

Q. How fast willl my pc be after using this app?

A. That depends on what you change

Q. What is the current version?

A. The current version is: V.1.05

Here is the file:

PC Speedup Download

Here is the source for V.1.00(OLD NOT releasing script anymore)

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Speedup = GUICreate("Pc Speedup", 619, 333, 193, 115)
$Msconfig = GUICtrlCreateGroup("msconfig", 8, 56, 601, 265)
$msconfigtake = GUICtrlCreateButton("Take me to msconfig", 488, 72, 115, 25, 0)
$Step1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step1: Run msconfig by pressing the 'Take me to msconfig' Button", 16, 80, 317, 17)
$Step2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step2: Go to the tab labeled Startup", 16, 104, 174, 17)
$Step3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step3: Scroll down the list untill you find 'qttask' (only visable if you have quicktime installed)", 16, 128, 434, 17)
$Step4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step4: Uncheck the checkbox", 16, 152, 150, 17)
$Step5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 again to uncheck more checkboxes(Only uncheck them if you know what they are)", 16, 176, 537, 17)
$Step6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step6: Press the 'apply' button then press the 'Close' button, then press restart.", 16, 200, 373, 17)
$Step7 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step7: After restarting your PC a message box will popup Check the Checkbox and Click 'ok'", 16, 224, 440, 17)
$Step8 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step8: Now enjoy the Faster Startup", 16, 248, 175, 17)
$Warning = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Warning: Dont uncheck your Anti-virus. Only uncheck things that Start with SOFTWARE\ in the location list.", 16, 272, 514, 17)
$warning1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PC!!!", 16, 296, 381, 17)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$Welcome = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Welcome to Pc Speedup- Use the following tools to speed up your pc", 16, 16, 602, 36)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $msconfigtake
        Run("C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries\msconfig")
    EndSwitch
WEnd

WARNING: Dont uncheck your Anti-virus. Only uncheck things that Start with SOFTWARE\ in the location list. and DONT Uncheck things that you dont understand!

Edited by ashley

Its a good "tutorial" program, however it kind of makes the user feel a little teeny tiny bit nervous about whats going to happen to their computer when it says, "I am not responsible to anything that happens to your PC!!" in all caps...A normal computer user that doesnt know alot about computers would just say "oh shit, thats great" and probably not use it lol.

Other than that, it would be cool to actually make another GUI that would just correspond to msconfig but do it for you. We could also integrate some different default schemes for faster computers/slower computers etc.

~Nikolai

I use windows vista. Is this safe? I need this answer from someone who knows about the subject.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

here is code

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Speedup = GUICreate("Pc Speedup", 619, 333, 193, 115)
$Msconfig = GUICtrlCreateGroup("msconfig", 8, 56, 601, 265)
$msconfigtake = GUICtrlCreateButton("Take me to msconfig", 488, 72, 115, 25, 0)
$Step1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step1: Run msconfig by pressing the 'Take me to msconfig' Button", 16, 80, 317, 17)
$Step2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step2: Go to the tab labeled Startup", 16, 104, 174, 17)
$Step3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step3: Scroll down the list untill you find 'qttask' (only visable if you have quicktime installed)", 16, 128, 434, 17)
$Step4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step4: Uncheck the checkbox", 16, 152, 150, 17)
$Step5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 again to uncheck more checkboxes(Only uncheck them if you know what they are)", 16, 176, 537, 17)
$Step6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step6: Press the 'apply' button then press the 'Close' button, then press restart.", 16, 200, 373, 17)
$Step7 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step7: After restarting your PC a message box will popup Check the Checkbox and Click 'ok'", 16, 224, 440, 17)
$Step8 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Step8: Now enjoy the Faster Startup", 16, 248, 175, 17)
$Warning = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Warning: Dont uncheck your Anti-virus. Only uncheck things that Start with SOFTWARE\ in the location list.", 16, 272, 514, 17)
$warning1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PC!!!", 16, 296, 381, 17)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$Welcome = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Welcome to Pc Speedup- Use the following tools to speed up your pc", 16, 16, 602, 36)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $msconfigtake
        Run("C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Binaries\msconfig")
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Its a good "tutorial" program, however it kind of makes the user feel a little teeny tiny bit nervous about whats going to happen to their computer when it says, "I am not responsible to anything that happens to your PC!!" in all caps...A normal computer user that doesnt know alot about computers would just say "oh shit, thats great" and probably not use it lol.

Other than that, it would be cool to actually make another GUI that would just correspond to msconfig but do it for you. We could also integrate some different default schemes for faster computers/slower computers etc.

~Nikolai

I am not responsible to anything that happens to your PC!!" is because some poeple are stuiped and will uncheck there anti-virus then get attacked by virus... And i did put "Warning: Dont uncheck your Anti-virus. Only uncheck things that Start with SOFTWARE\ in the location list." so it not my fault

I don't see how this would make your pc go faster, all it tells you to do is go to msconfig and uncheck stuff in startup..btw the take me to msconfig don't even work here. Use Marco....

msconfig works for me...

It makes your pc load faster at statup if you have lots of icons near your clock it take ages to load...

So if u uncheck ones that you dont need it will not load them... So it loads faster...

it takes me 2 mins to load up without unchecking and 30 when there unchecked...

So it made a 1.30min diffrence to me...

You know it's a very bad idea to uncheck every program that runs on boot using msconfig, even if you are an experienced user

did i say everyone...

NO i did not...

i said Dont uncheck your Anti-virus. Only uncheck things that Start with SOFTWARE\ in the location list. and DONT Uncheck things that you dont understand

The new one looks better.... but the 'Virus check' only checks 'PCspeedup.exe'. So it's useless. Also, USE MACROS. It stills gives me that fatal error saying that it can't run the external program! But I can see it's gone way further. I like the startup manager, but I don't dare hitting 'delete'. It'd be more 'trustable' if you used a listview with checkboxes.

-edit-

I can't cancel the viruscheck either.

Edited by Nahuel

My msconfig is in E dirve...LEARN TO USE MARCO and stop giving HARD CODED DIRECTORY..plus, i still need my program later so it wouldn't make much of a difference. By the way uncheck anit-virus and start it manually later is even better than unchecking all the softwares...

My msconfig is in E dirve...LEARN TO USE MARCO and stop giving HARD CODED DIRECTORY..plus, i still need my program later so it wouldn't make much of a difference. By the way uncheck anit-virus and start it manually later is even better than unchecking all the softwares...

not if you have a router... if your using a route DON'T UJncheck ur antivirus... and the start it up...

If You use a router VIRUSES ATTACK Whenevery they what cus u allways have a connection