multi threading?

...we'd all still be on 28 kbps lines, and the list goes on.

...Are any of the things on your list free? ...developed by volunteers on their on time?

If you are in a position to help write the code, then perhaps you have a chance at getting the other Devs to go down that path.

good luck...

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

...Are any of the things on your list free? ...developed by volunteers on their on time?

If you are in a position to help write the code, then perhaps you have a chance at getting the other Devs to go down that path.

good luck...

nah, but AOL is pretty cheap. I think. so is juno.

And I am, that doesn't mean they'll let me do it... does it?

~~TheCreator~~Visit http://tysdomain.com for personal software and website solutions.

nah, but AOL is pretty cheap. I think. so is juno.

And I am, that doesn't mean they'll let me do it... does it?

You can see this thread: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...;showtopic=8389

Maybe there is enough info in that version of the source code to get you started... I would not know - not being a programmer. I just know how that request has been received in the past.

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Hello,

Has multi threading been added? If not, any idea when/if it will be available?

Can you say why you want multi threading?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I hate to break it to everyone, but if we just said...

"OMG, that's going to be to hard, and stopped." we'd all still be on 28 kbps lines, and the list goes on.

I'd hate to break it to you, but if the devs tried to "add" multi-threading to autoit, it would be more like re-writing the entire source. And because it has taken YEARS to get to where it has now, it will take several more YEARS to incorperate multi-threading.

Its not on the To-Do list. Live with it.

Can you say why you want multi threading?

I write a lot of utilities in AutoIt, some of these are internet based, which I do not wish to resort to c++/c with, or visual basic.

windows.cpu.system.command.try.attempt.please.create.thread()

I'm sorry, but I can't give you an example right off the top of my head.

~~TheCreator~~Visit http://tysdomain.com for personal software and website solutions.