file copy

Ravel

Hi i have been trying a couple of different commands such as filecopy, filemove, dircopy, and dirmove, to attempt to move the contents of various folders all with different names to one folder. here is a copy of the code that I was using. I figured that the wildcards would do it, but it isnt working. Does anyone have any ideas on how i should set this up?

FileMove("E:\beckyfiles\recoveredfolders\FOLDER*\", "E:\beckyfiles\", 9)

I have used the above line different ways by changing the command name. "Folder*" is the first portion of the name that encompasses the folders that have the contents that I want to move. These are all recovered folders so they go something like FOLDER0002A, FOLDER0002B and so on. I just want to move all the files contained in them in one shot. Any ideas?

And where's the wildcards? Does

FileMove("E:\beckyfiles\recoveredfolders\FOLDER\*.*", "E:\beckyfiles\", 9)

not work either?

I'm not at home so I can't check, but I believe there's a DirMove function as well.

And where's the wildcards? Does

FileMove("E:\beckyfiles\recoveredfolders\FOLDER\*.*", "E:\beckyfiles\", 9)

not work either?

I'm not at home so I can't check, but I believe there's a DirMove function as well.

Well the folder names are all different; meaning the folder portion of the line above is a different name for every folder. The first portion of the name is the same i.e. folder, but the last parts are different for each of the folders.