From CD to Folder

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I was just wondering about this. I want to make a program to copy the contents, of a *music* cd to a folder on the hard drive. I want to make the folder name a variable, as well as its location.

1) Is it possible to copy the entire contents of a music cd at all?

2) At the point in the script where I want to chose the location to save to disk, I want it to make a popup starting in like the C:\ Drive, kind of like when you go to download something off the internet, so how would I do that?

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm asking about this BEFORE, because I want to know if it is even possible before I go and spend all of that time! Also, I wanted to know about the save directory thing. Thanks again.

I was just wondering about this. I want to make a program to copy the contents, of a *music* cd to a folder on the hard drive. I want to make the folder name a variable, as well as its location.

1) Is it possible to copy the entire contents of a music cd at all?

2) At the point in the script where I want to chose the location to save to disk, I want it to make a popup starting in like the C:\ Drive, kind of like when you go to download something off the internet, so how would I do that?

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm asking about this BEFORE, because I want to know if it is even possible before I go and spend all of that time! Also, I wanted to know about the save directory thing. Thanks again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course this is possible... all CDs have files on them whether it is music, movie, or data. The drawback to this is of course that after you copy the files off of the CD they will be in CDA format which is not a MP3 compatible file format. Copying the files is trivial, decoding CDA to MP3 is the complex part. This complexity makes it not worth doing as there are several audio rippers available on the internet. Some even open source and free!

*** Matt @ MPCS

Well with other programs or w/e you would do.

Could you do like

DirCopy("D:\", "C:\Program Files\My CD")

or would u use FileCopy.

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

What do you mean konan? Oo

Edit: I'm still trying to figure this out ><

Edited by BL@(K-R34P3R

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I'm checking it out right now, thanks MHz.

EDIT: Needs a Gui thing, gonna retry again!

EDIT: Can't get the damn thing to work. =(

Edited by BL@(K-R34P3R

Okay are you actually wanting the files MP3 playable? Or do you want a CD image on your hard drive of which you could load in as if it was a real cd? Or then again do you just want to copy the .cda files to your HDD.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I just want a copy of the entire music file into a folder on my HD, not in MP3 format, and I don't want to use my CD to load them up.

Okay you have a program to play the .cda? The emulation of a CD would allow you to play the cd just like it was in your drive but without it being there.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I dont know if you have tried it before but for some reason .cda's have never played for me when just copied. Maybe the newer versions are different I havent tried it in a long time...

Try...

FileCopy("FileCopy("X:\*.*", "C:\My CDs\*.*");replace drive 'x' with your cd drive...

I dont know, but you probably have to create the file first.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Okay what I am going to have you do is download the following programs. I have figured out from talking to you that you arent really just wanting the files copied. You want them playable. I know of a way to emulate a CD.

Download DDump with Frontend and DAEMON Virtual CD (spelling or word order may be incorrect)

Let me get the web addresses for it.

http://www.geocities.com/ddumpfrontend/

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/

Please dont give AutoIt or these programs a bad name and use them for illegal purposes.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links