adding styles to a control

maqleod

how would I go about adding more styles to a control?

say I have an edit control that was created with the default styles (-1) but I have a menu option that says "word wrap" that when selected would change that style setup to "$ES_WANTRETURN+$WS_VSCROLL+$ES_AUTOVSCROLL"

is there a way to do that?

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

how would I go about adding more styles to a control?

say I have an edit control that was created with the default styles (-1) but I have a menu option that says "word wrap" that when selected would change that style setup to "$ES_WANTRETURN+$WS_VSCROLL+$ES_AUTOVSCROLL"

is there a way to do that?

GuiCtrlSetStyle

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

ok, well, that does change the style and all, but it doesn't produce the desired effect.

if $ES_WANTRETURN+$WS_VSCROLL+$ES_AUTOVSCROLL are added into the styles when the control is created, the result is that the edit box word wraps

but if I set the style with GuiCtrlSetStyle it does not word wrap

same the other way around, if the edit box starts with word wrap and you set the styles back to the default, it retains the word wrap attribute.

any idea why?

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software