Password export

Erm, wait..

You mean so that:

User logs onto domain

computer caches users password

computer is removed from domain

computer allows user to logon to the domain still ?

No need for a script or any caching from the domain, There is a way to do it though. Remembering it just eludes me, For a start, i think that so long as they logon to the domain first, a user profile is created on log off and it may just allow them to login again, but i do not think it would be bullet proof, the laptop work has issued to me does it.

On that note, i do not think it is even possible to read a users password out of an AD environment, though, i have never gone looking for a tool capable.

Edited by tAKTelapis

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

Yes its allows user login into domain when they are offline. Let me tell more what am trying to do,

After logging into domain (offline) they get connect to company network using VPN. Then using a script am updating user profile and migrating the computer into target domain. During this process am requesting user to enter target domain password so that it caches in local workstation. Below mentioned the command line

runas /profile /user:targetdomain\%username% "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Result : Everything works fine

Problem: After restart unable to login into Target Domain, am guessing that cache password is not working properlly. For further troubleshoot i need figure which registry key stores this information so that i can reslove the problem.

Erm, wait..

You mean so that:

User logs onto domain

computer caches users password

computer is removed from domain

computer allows user to logon to the domain still ?

No need for a script or any caching from the domain, There is a way to do it though. Remembering it just eludes me, For a start, i think that so long as they logon to the domain first, a user profile is created on log off and it may just allow them to login again, but i do not think it would be bullet proof, the laptop work has issued to me does it.

On that note, i do not think it is even possible to read a users password out of an AD environment, though, i have never gone looking for a tool capable.

• Developers

I have seen it happening that the cached credentials get lost on a Laptop and the user cannot logon to the Laptop.

Only way I know to get this fixed is to connect to the Domain.

We use a separate RAS box for that and have to user Dial in at the Logon screen to get this resolved.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)