Scripting IE Settings

Hello all,

I'm not 'sure' that I'm asking this question in the correct forum, but I'm hoping someone out there has fought a similar problem and can guide me on the best way to accomplish my goal.

I am attempting to automate IE security/script/cookie settings using either VBScript or AuotIT. All of these settings are stored under Tools --> Internet Options --> Security/Privacy tabs

Using VBScript (script included below) I have been able to script a series of registry keys that will take care of 'most' of the changes I need to make. However, I'm down to the scripting of 2 changes that I can't seem to figure out...

1. Enable 'Scripting of Java Applets' (this is under 'Internet Options' -> Security -> trusted sites -> custom level)

2. Always Allow Session cookies (this is in advanced under the privacy tab)

I can't find the registry keys that handle either of these, so I"m having trouble doing this in VBScript. Any suggestions as to how I could/should make these changes using AutoIT?

Thanks

-jeff

'   Download signed ActiveX components from a Web page (Zone 2)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001
strComputer = "."
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")
strKeyPath = "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\2"
objReg.CreateKey HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath
ValueName = "1001"
dwValue = 0
objReg.SetDWORDValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath, ValueName, dwValue

'   Download unsigned ActiveX components from a Web page (Zone 2)
strComputer = "."
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")
strKeyPath = "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\2"
ValueName = "1004"
dwValue = 0

'   Run ActiveX components and plug-ins from Web pages (Zone 2)
strComputer = "."
ValueName = "1200"
dwValue = 0

'   Allow scripts to interact with ActiveX components marked safe for scripting (Zone 2)
strComputer = "."
ValueName = "1405"
dwValue = 0

'   Run script code on Web pages (Zone 2)
strComputer = "."
ValueName = "1400"
dwValue = 0

'   Disable caching of SSL pages
strComputer = "."
strKeyPath = "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings"
ValueName = "DisableCachingOfSSLPages"
dwValue = 0

First off, thank you for your time in responding.

I was just reading about the reg read/write commands available... I think those will be useful.

However, while that will help with moving my VBScript stuff into AutoIT

a) I can't find the keys that control my 2 problems children (mentioned in first post)

:) I'm not sure how to automate their (2 items mentioned in first post) settings with AutoIT either

So, basically, I have the registry keys for everything except the 2 items mentioned... that's where I'm stuck. How do I go about configuring those 2 items? I can't find the registry keys like I did the others...

All help is *GREATLY* appreciated.

-jeff

You might be looking for this: Description of Internet Explorer security zones registry entries

For example, this key enables "Scripting: Scripting of Java applets" for the "Local Intranet Zone":

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1\1402 = 0

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law