Skype dropdown menu select

Didonet

Hi ;)

I'm new and I don't know how to select ( click ) on a dropdown menu.

I want to click on "Options..." here.

Can u help me? ;)

Posted Image

...oh, and i forget about... can i read txt file and get the text in it into a string? :)

Edited by Didonet

Hi ;)

I'm new and I don't know how to select ( click ) on a dropdown menu.

I want to click on "Options..." here.

Can u help me? ;)

...oh, and i forget about... can i read txt file and get the text in it into a string? :)

Welcome to the forum and Autoit! Best place to start is refer to the Help file that comes with AutoIt. Also there are some tutorials you can quickly run through. To click the dropdown menu you're talking about in Skype, you can the Send(), MouseClick(), ControlClick(), or ControlSend() commands. Look up each of those in the Help File.

Reading a file and putting into a string, sure AutoIt can do that too. In the Help file you can click the "Search" tab and use "read file" for a list of commands that will do what you want. You just have to know what you want to do after the text is in a string to know which command will be best suited for your needs. With the limited information you've provided, that's about all I can tell you right now.

hi againt... Thanks for the comments. I try to do it with this:

WinMenuSelectItem ( "Skype - my_user_name", "", "Tools", "Options...")

but nothing happens ;)

and for the txt files... (.ini :) ) i use this:

Global $username = IniRead($ini, "Config", "User", "")

Edited by Didonet

hi againt... Thanks for the comments. I try to do it with this:

WinMenuSelectItem ( "Skype™ - my_user_name", "", "Tools", "Options...")

but nothing happens :)

You're not crazy, I tired it on my side and I can't get WinMenuSelectItem() to work on Skype either!! Until some can explain why following code doesn't work...

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
WinActivate("Skype™ - <user_name>")
WinMenuSelectItem ("Skype™ - <user_name>", "", "&Tools", "Options...")oÝ÷ Û*.q©î±ì!jÒ,º²×yªåêðØmä×(f§u«­¢+Ù=ÁÐ ÅÕ½Ðí]¥¹Q¥Ñ±5Ñ¡5½ÅÕ½Ðì°Ð¤)]¥¹Ñ¥ÙÑ ÅÕ½ÐíM­åÁàÐàÈì´±ÐíÕÍÉ}¹µÐìÅÕ½Ðì¤)M¹ ÅÕ½ÐìÌÌíѼÅÕ½Ðì¤oÝ÷ Øh¶§Çè®Ë ë-xsäç-"צ$²Þ¶Ü¢wÝ:2¢êé¢)í¡û¬xSr'~hëmêâS{h|ǧ¸^Ò¹³è­zkajÙë)z·ÞrÛǺÒ7ök¬xºÚ¶ýöëF§vz0êÞv¬Û!£axǧºÒ¹³â-zk^ÆШºWm+y¦îK"ayìZ^r^~Ösäç-"צjw@Sr'~±z0Â¥u©ò¢w¤-«OjzÛ©Â¥u·ªºOjzÖ¦¦êjºZºÚ"µÍÈÈÚ[Ù[[KYÙHÙ][ÝYÚ[Y[[][J   ][ÝÕ[]YH  ][ÝË  ][ÝÉ][ÝË    ][ÝÉ[Ñ[I][ÝË   ][ÝÔYÙHÙ]   [Ý][ÝÈ

Thanks in advance guys!

press ALT before selecting the menu to see which letters are underlined, that means that Page Setup... is Page Set&up... ;)

PS: Posts: 900 :)

My point was in respose to your suggestion of using AU3Info.exe to get the necessary information. Thanks for the neat trick, but still using it doesn't help the OP nor answer the question why WinMenuSelectItem() isn't working as it should with Skype v3.0.0.198 (my test version of skype)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
WinActivate("Skype™ - <user_name>")
WinMenuSelectItem ("Skype™ - <user_name>", "", "&Tools", "&Options...")

I make it with this:

Send("{ALT}{RIGHT 5}{DOWN}{UP}{ENTER}")

but i want to do it with WinMenuSelectItem()... how?

The only think I can conclude about Skype and WinMenuSelectItem() is what 2nd paragraph under Remarks

WinMenuSelectItem will only work on standard menus. Unfortunately, many menus in use today are actually custom written or toolbars "pretending" to be menus. This is true for most Microsoft applications.

So as cool as WinMenuSelectItem() is, it's application is limited to non-custom or non-toolbar menus. Btw, the code I gave your earlier Send("!to") works too. In the Help file you'll see that "!" = your "{ALT}". Me personally I'd rather send 3 keys than 9 key strokes. Glad you got it working!

:)

I have a few questions for skype and autoit v3.I'll write here about them.

The first is: How to create a menu like this

$helpmenu = GuiCtrlCreateMenu ("?")

$aboutitem = GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("About",$helpmenu)

but, if i click to "?", not to show the a drop down menu. I want to show some window. Not to create a dropdown menu, the same thing, but witouth the dropdown menu. Only button.

The secont: How to check is there a text into window? For example: i open some window and search is there the text "foo" in it.

Like preg_match() in php

Thats for now :)

Sorry didn't understand your first question about the "?". Regarding preg_match you'll want to read up on StringRegExp or search the Help file for "regular expression"

StringRegExp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check if a string fits a given regular expression pattern.

StringRegExp ( "test", "pattern" [, flag ] [, offset ] ] )

About minimizing your script down to the systray, I think there's a user defined function (UDF) here somewhere. I haven't need or wanted to do this so I don't have the UDF or link handy at the moment. In addition to searching the Help file you can also search the forum for answers. And don't forget to read the FAQ sticky messages at the top of this forum :).

Tnx :)

About the "?":

When we create a drop down menu, we create the category and the buttons, like that:

- Category

+ BUTTON 1

+ BUTTON 2

+ BUTTON 3...

this is like:

$cat = GuiCtrlCreateMenu ("CATEGORY")

$b1 = GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("button1",$cat)

$b2 = GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("button2",$cat)

$b3 = GuiCtrlCreateMenuitem ("button3",$cat)

How can i create a BUTTON without the CAT? Without the dropdown. Example:

This is what i have:

- ?

+ About

I have to click "?" -> "About" To get the message i want

I want to get the message when i click to "?" and i dont want to have "About" submenu.

Do u understand me? :)

Another question: Why when i build the program the program-icon is still the Auto-it icon? Why did the icon didn't change?

I have enter the code

GuiSetIcon(".\icon.ico", 0)

into my lines.

The icon is there only i run the program, on the program title.

Ok, I read the FAQ And find out of the "Icon Question" :)

Now... another thing: how to remove the icon from the taskbar witch is including the menu "Pause Script" and "Exit" ? :)

Try:

#notrayiconoÝ÷ ÚØb³¥·¦¢÷­è¢w(^µér¢¶®¶­sf÷BgV÷CµG&ÖVçTÖöFRgV÷C²Ã
(this will remove the menu from the icon, allowing you to make your own or leave it menuless).

?

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

About minimizing your script down to the systray, I think there's a user defined function (UDF) here somewhere. I haven't need or wanted to do this so I don't have the UDF or link handy at the moment. In addition to searching the Help file you can also search the forum for answers. And don't forget to read the FAQ sticky messages at the top of this forum :).

It really isn't that hard to find answers by searching the forum or Help file, is it??? Sure it takes a little bit of time to read the stuff, but in the process you'll be learning. Had you searched the forum for key words like "hide tray icon" you'd be amazed what you'd find, including the answer James3mg gave ya. Though I could be wrong, but I would think anyone who can't search is going to have a really hard time writing scripts in AutoIt, as easy as that is. :)