Browsing for a File

Hindry

Hi,

I've just started using AutoIt V3 today and have a question.

I need to select a directory that contains files that I need to process. To select the directory I need to browse to it (I cannot type the name in or this would be easy to do). Therefore, I have a window which has "OK" and "Cancel" as options and a typical Explorer type listing. I need to expand a number of folders to find the folder that I want but I cannot work out how to do this.

Once I've worked out how to do this I will need to cycle through several hundered folders (in a loop) processing the files in each. They are numbered sequentially but I don't think that this is going to be of much assistance here. I did think about using the mouse position to clink in the correct place but, to my mind, this will be a little hit and miss and I will need to scroll further down the list to find the folder that I need as I progress through the loop.

Any help would be much apprecaited.

Thanks.

HI, and welcome..:)

Take a look at the helpfile in the File, Directory and disk management sections.

1: FileSelectFolder.

2: FileFindFirst, FileFindNext

FileFindFirst, FileFindNext are not really fast so you should search for +runwait +comspec + dir in the forum. Something like

runwait(@comspec & "/C dir /S /B >'" & $tempfile & "'")

When it reurns you would need FileRead or FileReadLine to parse $tempfile.

Happy Scripting

Edited by Uten

Thanks very much for the rapid reply and the welcome.

I've had a look at the section that you mentioned and I don't think it does exactly that I need to do.

I have a window that pops up as a result of a previous piece of scrpiting and I need to drill down to the folder that I want within this window. I've just been trying to navigate using arrow buttons and 'enter' as an alternative. I think that this may work although it is a little cumbersome. If there's an easier method I'd be pleased to hear of it.

Thanks again.

Thanks very much for the rapid reply and the welcome.

I've had a look at the section that you mentioned and I don't think it does exactly that I need to do.

I have a window that pops up as a result of a previous piece of scrpiting and I need to drill down to the folder that I want within this window. I've just been trying to navigate using arrow buttons and 'enter' as an alternative. I think that this may work although it is a little cumbersome. If there's an easier method I'd be pleased to hear of it.

Thanks again.

Care to provide a sample of that? Other ways I'm all out of suggestions.