Help With Uninstall

Thunder

I am new to AitoIt3 and scripting. I am having difficulties with a particular uninstall string that I am hoping someone can help me with? The uninstall string in the Registry is:

C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"

I have tried:

Run('"C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -f C:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu")

which works up the the point of the uninstaller finding the log (in "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote). I have tried all the variations of single/double quotes, but no matter what I try, I can not add that to the command and get the uninstall to complete successfully.

Thank you to anyone willing to offer a hand!

Edited by Thunder

I am new to AitoIt3 and scripting. I am having difficulties with a particular uninstall string that I am hoping someone can help me with? The uninstall string in the Registry is:

C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"

Thank you to anyone willing to offer a hand!

Give this a try:

Run("C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE" &" -f C:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu" &' "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"')
Edited by Monamo

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Did you tried? Sometimes you need to add a workingdir to the RUN() function.

Run('C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"', @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

Note: Looking at your first post I don't know if is a type or not, but I notice the registry string no have space between -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu but your run function has space between -f C:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

Does the string from the registry work from a command prompt as it is written? If so try:

ShellExecute('C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"')
Edited by ksmith247

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]

Give this a try:

Run("C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE" &" -f C:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu" &' "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"')
Thank you for the response. I was able to get it to work with the following, though yours may well have done the trick as well! Would you describe to me the purpose and use of the & symbol in this context?

Run('C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"')

It seems the -f needed to be next to the c:. I also did a little reading up on the method to using quotes with strings which helped clear up some confusion. Now all I have to do is grab the information from each popup dialog and I am set (crosses fingers). BTW, I realy like this product. It's much easier to learn than VBscript, IMHO.

Thanks again!

Thunder

Did you tried? Sometimes you need to add a workingdir to the RUN() function.

Run('C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"', @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

Note: Looking at your first post I don't know if is a type or not, but I notice the registry string no have space between -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu but your run function has space between -f C:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu

Good call! You nailed it (missing space)! Many thanks for your response.

Thunder

Does the string from the registry work from a command prompt as it is written? If so try:

ShellExecute('C:\WINNT\fwuninst.exe C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -fC:\PROGRA~1\CHECKP~1\SECURE~1\Uninst.isu "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote"')
I was able to get it to work as posted above. Thank you very much for the alternative method. I will definately keep this in mind for future scrips.

Thunder