Need Help With Ventrilo

Sawa

My goal is to have a script that starts a ventrilo weblink on the administrator side a system running windows xp.

Weblink's for vent as you may know are an auto connect feature, built into the program.

We run a tele-marketing company where we monitor calls for quality assurance and are trying to get away from the bulk hardware we are using. So we set up a ventrilo server that all of our telemarketers log into into their own channel. We can monitor this way, and it seems like a step in the right direction. We would really like to make sure ventrilo is always running,(for instance after power outages) and that it is running on the administrator account and not the employees.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thank you in advance,

Sawa

Weblink is a call used in a browser not unlike a FTP://, telnet://, etc .

for example :

ventrilo://adress.com:PORT/servername=Server&channelname=thename

that function works fine by using a shortcut. So ill call that in the script, or may just leave the shortcut in the startup folder.

What I'm trying to do is.

Lets say the power goes out during the night. On power up i need something to auto log in to our admin account, let the shortcut run(or scrip the weblink via its browser) then do something like # run32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation

I guess i could use the mouse clicks to start/logoff/changeusers too.. but LockWorkStation might have enough functionality

Thank you again for your answer

Edited by Sawa

What I'm trying to do is.

Lets say the power goes out during the night. On power up i need something to auto log in to our admin account, let the shortcut run(or scrip the weblink via its browser) then do something like # run32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation

To paraphrase, you want a script to
  • On startup open a browser window and goto ventrilo://adress.com:PORT/servername=Server&channelname=thename
  • Perform some things through the browser while logged into the admin account at the ventrilo site
  • logout of the ventrilo account
  • close broswer
  • lock workstation
  • possibly notify with a dialog box the script has completed
If the above is correct, then it should be pretty easy. Show us what code you have so far. As long as you're willing to do some on your own, we'll be more than happy to help you along. But to do it for you.... that might be a different story :)

What I would do (Assuming your admin server is running windows 2000 server):

-Create the following autoit script and compile it to a .exe (not tested but should work):

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("ventrilo://adress.com:PORT/servername=Server&channelname=thename")

_IELoadWait ($oIE)

_IEQuit ($oIE)

-Add a key to the registry (Start/Run/Regedit) : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] then add the application

-Add a key to the registry (if you want auto windows user login as well):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

Create a key or modify the value if it exist (REG_SZ): DefaultUserName Then enter the username you use

Create a key or modify the value if it exist (REG_SZ): DefaultPassword Then enter then pass you use

Create a key blablabla : AutoAdminLogon with the value 1

Create a key blablabla: DefaultDomainName with the domain name you wish to log on

Again, be carefull because if other's have access to the comp, it's easy for them to modify. Again, there's no other ways to log on automaticly to windows I think.

Edited by galpha

sorry was down for the weekend. In order for vent to be working in the background for monitoring what i need the computer to do after a restart is, Autologin admin, the weblink can be placed in startup and auto log in tot he vent server. I do not want it to close. Then I need it to do LockWorkStation which makes it so the user has to log on, and the program is still running on the admin side. Yeah if they wanted access to admin without a password they could get it easy. Not worried about them doing this, just want to not have to worry about them not starting up ventrilo everyday. Thank you again for some great ideas so far.

Also all the workstation except mine have XP.

I could a short cut and place it the startup folder just to do the loading of ventrilo and connecting. I might still use it in a script only to sync the times of the load, and not have the script shutdown the computer before vent is connected. As of now just creating a shortcut is working fine.

I guess the last part for me is a script that waits 2 minutes then accesses the windows command LockWorkStation, Does anyone know if it needs to be done as run as when your on the admin side of the machine anyways?

Edited by Sawa

@Sawa - so is this what you want to happen after the power goes out and the computer (running the script) is powered back on

• Automatically log into Windows User account
  • Open a browser window and goto ventrilo://adress.com:PORT/servername=Server&channelname=thename
  • Start webtools for monitoring
  • Wait 2 minutes after monitoring tools have been started and confirmed running
  • lock workstation
And will this script be running on your computer (non-WinXP) or another Windows computer. What is the OS of the computer to run the script? Once logged in to Ventrilo, what has to happed in order to start the monitoring tools? This seams pretty doable and galpha was on the right track with the 1st 3 lines of code and the registry ideas. Show us what code you have so far and we'll help you along.

Ok so here is what i have done so far, and now I know for sure you can help me with the last step.

I am going to set each of the users machines up to autologinadmin. It is working out great so far.

After each one of the users PC logs on as admin , a simple shortcut set in the Startup folder automatically runs. so no need to code that in. It is already up and running. No other tools need to be run for us to monitor the channel, its all set to go.

Here is where I need help accessing .

Wait for 1 minute

rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation (this is the command I run from cmd promt to lock the user out and force the input of their password.)

And I think the problem is solved. If i compile that script into a .exe does the computer executing it need autoit as well?

Edited by Sawa

Ok so here is what i have done so far, and now I know for sure you can help me with the last step.

I am going to set each of the users machines up to autologinadmin. It is working out great so far.

After each one of the users PC logs on as admin , a simple shortcut set in the Startup folder automatically runs. so no need to code that in. It is already up and running. No other tools need to be run for us to monitor the channel, its all set to go.

Wait for 1 minute

rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation (this is the command I run from cmd promt to lock the user out and force the input of their password.)

Edit upon further research i was thinking Windows Key+L would work as well if not better than trying to find how to access the exe. So do i just right a

send (#L) after a wait command and compile to exe?

And I think the problem is solved. If i compile that script into a .exe does the computer executing it need autoit as well?

Wait for 1 minute

If the script is compiled and you run it as an .exe then no you do not need to have AutoIt installed on the other computer(s). Here's the code you said you needed help with. Glad you got it working!

Sleep(60000)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation") 
;; ---- or you can use the next line without the ";;"
;;Send("#L")

To compile you use C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2exe.exe

Thank you very much. I know it was pretty simple, but still a ton of help. It does work for what we want it to do, but if windows takes to long to load or find an internet connection, then it causes a problem. Was trying to use WinExists("Ventrilo") to start the script instead of just sleep time, or if anyone knows a way to start it on internet connection rather than gung-hoe on startup. Maybe im jsut getting the syntax for WinExists wrong.