AI

Suzuran

Is it possible to develop artificial intelligence with AutoIt? Something like a bot which can learn new things.

What is a bot? What's the difference between a bot and a script? What is AI? What is "intelligence", after all I know some scripts that can search the web, or a Help file, for keywords while some people can't even find the Search button on a website or Help file toolbar. :)

What's the difference between a script running only commands in the script verses a script asking for user input? When a script runs through a conditional statement, isn't that a form of AI? So if a script can read a file and checks for data and update that same file and check it later for new data, is this "artificial intelligence"? Is it possible to do these things and more with AutoIt3?? Gee, I don't know, I'll need to think about the question some more. :)

• 3 weeks later...

What is a bot? What's the difference between a bot and a script? What is AI? What is "intelligence", after all I know some scripts that can search the web, or a Help file, for keywords while some people can't even find the Search button on a website or Help file toolbar. :P

What's the difference between a script running only commands in the script verses a script asking for user input? When a script runs through a conditional statement, isn't that a form of AI? So if a script can read a file and checks for data and update that same file and check it later for new data, is this "artificial intelligence"? Is it possible to do these things and more with AutoIt3?? Gee, I don't know, I'll need to think about the question some more. ;)

What is a bot? A program that follows a set of instructions

What's the difference between a bot and a script? I believe they are the same

What is AI? an ability to learn from ones experiences in whatever form they may be

What is "intelligence", after all I know some scripts that can search the web, or a Help file, for keywords while some people can't even find the Search button on a website or Help file toolbar. This is down to the laziness of people not intelligence ;)

What's the difference between a script running only commands in the script verses a script asking for user input? Nothing as they are both following a set of commands."

When a script runs through a conditional statement, isn't that a form of AI? In my opinion NO as above

So if a script can read a file and checks for data and update that same file and check it later for new data, is this "artificial intelligence"? No unless it is able to realise the benefits of the new data.

Is it possible to do these things and more with AutoIt3?? Man had free will, the computer does not, AI has to be programmed.

In my my opinion Intelligence is defined by the ability to learn from previous experience/mistakes whether they be your own or not.

I have been looking at AI and so far I have found the best way(for me) is to store the results in a database, each option is then given marks as to how efficient each option maybe( marks are given when the program is run, generaly by the user as to whether it was sucsseful). The computer then works out the percentages along this way and makes the decision based upon possible result. Whether this is classed as AI I dont know as it is still programmed, but it does make a decision based upon taking the best option at the time amongst many variables. It may seem very simplistic, but to me this is how we work. We analayze the situation, think about what we have done before and then work out which way resolved the situation the best/quickest and act accordingly. WOW I feel all spiritual now :):P

Well, with a literal interpretation of your question, my answer would be no. I don't see it to be physically to create a script that is capable of "learning" something from ANYTHING. Because scripts MUST be entirely logical, where as "anything" does not necessarily have to be logical.

However, practically, if you were to present an example of what you wanted the "bot" to "learn" from, it very well may be possible.

Now, In regards to intelligence- I Believe intelligence is a measure of the ability to adapt to different situations, and do it in a effective, and efficient manner.

Life is a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy -- You are what you want to be.

AutoIt is not optimized for that kind of work. But there is an axiom in computer science that, given unlimited storage and cycles, any processor or function can emulate any other. A 4-bit ALU from an old red-LED calculator can be made to run the same code as any supercomputer. But of course you wouldn't want to hold your breath waiting for those results...

The implication of that is: AutoIt could be used to code AI experiments, but there are specialized languages designed for it that would be far better (LISP and Prolog).

I said "code AI experiments" and not "code AI" because even with huge budgets and talent pools, places like MIT and Cambridge have yet to demonstrate any actual AI (as commonly defined by the 'Turing Test').

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

@MrFlibble - You do realize those questions were rhetorical questions, right? :). Good conversation points nonetheless, and as PsaltyDS said more directly

... there are specialized languages designed for it that would be far better (LISP and Prolog) ... places like MIT and Cambridge have yet to demonstrate any actual AI (as commonly defined by the 'Turing Test').

Since we're on this philosophical converstaion, here's a video some might be interested in. It touches on "what is intelligence" but focuses on "stupidity" as the title would suggest. A quote from the movie: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein. Enjoy!

Definition of STUPIDITY (1 hr 11 min)