Pls add the line you know...

Dirk98

Guys, I need a script that would change my PC's LAN IP in one click. I need the following lines in the script:

1. Open Control Panel

2. Open Network Connection

3. Open Local Area Connection

4. Click Properties

5. In the Sliding window select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

6. Click Properties

7. In the IP address fill in 4 groups: 192.168.3.35

8. In the Default gateway fill in 4 groups: 192. 168.3.1

9. Click Ok

10. Click Ok.

I know how to script basic clicks OK or other buttons, but don't know how to open Windows' standard windows, like Control Panel, My Computer etc by a sciript.

I'm sure I'll learn a lot of what I expect from AutoIt from this script. If you know some simple windows commands to achieve the same pls. post. But still I'm very interested in a complete exemplary script for the above.

Thank you very much!

Dirk.

Edited by Dirk98

Guys, I need a script that would change my PC's LAN IP in one click. I need the following lines in the script:

1. Open Control Panel

2. Open Network Connection

3. Open Local Area Connection

4. Click Properties

6. Click Properties

7. In the IP address fill in 4 groups: 192.168.3.35

8. In the Default gateway fill in 4 groups: 192. 168.3.1

9. Click Ok

10. Click Ok.

I know how to script basic clicks OK or other buttons, but don't know how to open Windows' standard windows, like Control Panel, My Computer etc by a sciript.

I'm sure I'll learn a lot of what I expect from AutoIt from this script. If you know some simple windows commands to achieve the same pls. post. But still I'm very interested in a complete exemplary script for the above.

Thank you very much!

Dirk.

Ok ill do this for you but next time try yourself first. Ill post when im done.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

Take a look at this script. It appears to contain code that should be useful for your purposes.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50437

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Take a look at this script. It appears to contain code that should be useful for your purposes.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50437

Ignore my first post just use this.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

Ignore my first post just use this.

EagleClaw, pls, when you have a spare minute, I will very much appreciate, if you write what you can of this script. For me it's a learning process. I'll try to start my script as you suggested, but I don't know how to script the following:

1. Open Control Panel

In the IP address fill in 4 groups: 192.168.3.35

Thank you very much.

@P5ych0Gigabyte: thank you, I'll try it and hope it can do all in one click, without filling out IP addresses manually. Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98