http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52575

matumbo

Do you have this file in the same path? If not that could be part of the problem.

#INCLUDE "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\A3LListView.au3"

Otherwise, if you follow the instructions it works. You need to compile the script :)

OPERATION

• Compile and copy IconMap.EXE to "C:\Program Files\IconMaps\IconMap.exe" .. or change the code for the "/INSTALL" switch below to reflect your chosen path.
  • Run the EXE with no commandline parameters to activate an option that installs shell context menu options for when *.ICN files are rightclicked in Windows File Explorer.
  • In any folder (even directly on the desktop itself), create a "New Text Document" with with a right-click option, and give it a meaningful name with an *.ICN extension. For example: "1280 x 1024 (trids).icn" or "my_mappings.icn", etc.
  • When you right-click the *.ICN file, and select the option Save IconMap layout, the positions of the icons on the desktop are recorded into that *.ICN file.
  • Select the right-click option Restore IconMap layout to re-arrange the icons according to previously saved mapping coordinates in the *.ICN file.
If you have followed the directions then what error are you getting?

Edit: fixed typos

Edited by ssubirias3

Do you have this file in the same path? If not that could be part of the problem.

It you' have followed the directions then what error are you getting?

I have changed

to #INCLUDE "C:\Program\AutoIt3\Include\A3LListView.au3"

so it fits on my computer, it's not an error that is comeing up, it's just that the function does not work.

nothing happens, as I understood, it works like if i right click on the *.icn file I should be able to choose the settings.

but I must do something wrong because there is no other options then the ordinary for a text doc.

Edited by matumbo

From trids thread:

Thanks to PaulIA's ListView UDFs, which get installed with AU3, we can do some cool things ...

This means that he is using PaulIA's Auto3Lib, which is pinned in the example scripts forum: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=243973

Download the installer. You will get an error when you run the installer though because PaulIA hasn't updated the post in a while. To get around the error go to this post and use this code:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=394380

$sRegKey = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt"
$sRegValue = "Version"
$sRegType = "REG_SZ"

$sCurrent = RegRead($sRegKey, $sRegValue)
RegWrite($sRegKey, $sRegValue, $sRegType, "v3.2.4.9")
RunWait("Auto3Lib.exe")
RegWrite($sRegKey, $sRegValue, $sRegType, $sCurrent)oÝ÷ Ø*y¼yÙÚjw[ZuÜDz¢èZ½è§²Ö¥çbµÈZ­è§r[zX§zíë®*mÊ­èZ¾)ය.nW°Ø_®ºÚ"µÍÒSÓQH    ][ÝÐÎÌLÔÙÜ[H[ÉÌLÐ]]Ò]ÉÌLÒ[ÛYIÌLÐLÓÝY]Ë]LÉ][ÝoÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍÒSÓQH    ÐLÓÝY]Ë]LÉÝ

It should now compile correctly.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

I have changed

to #INCLUDE "C:\Program\AutoIt3\Include\A3LListView.au3"

so it fits on my computer....

The Kandie Man's got some experience behind him not to mention a GREAT signature :) But if what he suggest doens't work for you I'm going to guess that since you you are using a different path for Program Files, you'll need to make some other changes.

Specifically, the script has this line that will need to be changed.

RegWrite( "HKCR\IconMaps\Shell\1_save\command", "", "REG_SZ", '"C:\Program Files\IconMaps\IconMap.exe" /save "%1"' ) 
RegWrite( "HKCR\IconMaps\Shell\2_restore", "", "REG_SZ", "R&estore IconMap layout" ) 
RegWrite( "HKCR\IconMaps\Shell\2_restore\command", "", "REG_SZ", '"C:\Program Files\IconMaps\IconMap.exe" /restore "%1"' )

So search the script for C:\Program Files\ and change to your C:\Program\ then recompile the script. Knowing what we now know about your system and what the Instructions say

• Compile and copy IconMap.EXE to "C:\Program Files\IconMaps\IconMap.exe"...
you'll need to move it to C:Program\IconMaps\. I think that should do it for you! Edited by ssubirias3

Make sure you are not using the beta version. Are you using the beta version? Use the latest production version of AutoIt.

Also, run this and see if "A3LListView.au3" is in the folder that pops up when this code is run:

Dim $s_RegKey = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt"
Dim $s_RegValue = "InstallDir"
$s_InstallDir = RegRead($s_RegKey, $s_RegValue)
Dim $s_IncludeDir = $s_InstallDir & "\include\"
Dim $s_A3LListViewPath = $s_InstallDir & "\include\A3LListView.au3"
If FileExists($s_A3LListViewPath) Then
    Msgbox(0,"Success",'A3LListView.au3 was found here: "' & $s_A3LListViewPath & '"' & @CRLF & 'The script will now open the folder where the A3LListView.au3 include resides.')
Else
    Msgbox(0,"Failure",'A3LListView.au3 was not found here: "' & $s_A3LListViewPath & '"' & @CRLF & 'The script will now open the folder where the A3LListView.au3 include is supposed to reside.')
EndIf
ShellExecute($s_IncludeDir)

- The Kandie Man ;-)

Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

I don't really understand what you mean, can you please explain a bit better?

Well, the instructions on the topic you linked to say this:

"create a "New Text Document" with with a right-click option, and give it a meaningful name with an *.ICN extension"

So you would rename "New Text Document" to "New Text document.icn" BUT if file extensions are hidden, the filename is actually "New Text document.icn.txt", so it's still a text file and the option won't appear when you right click it.

That could explain everything, but how do i unhide the file extension?

Open My Computer, then click the tools menu item at the top. Then click Folder Options. Then click the View tab. Then under Advanced Settings uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes". The click apply or ok.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

That could explain everything, but how do i unhide the file extension?

On WinXP Pro ... Open Windows Explorer then click TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS then click the VIEW tab and uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes"

Posted Image

Edit: opps The Kandie Man got it right, I was rushing with the screenshot and got the wrong area.

Edited by ssubirias3

I have been trying to use a script that can save the position of the desktop icons and then restore them when I want.

I found a script like that in http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52575

but I have tried to make it work in everyway but i can't figure out whats wrong.

I managed to create the file. but the problem is that my computer asks what program to open it with, and I have no idea...

thx in advance if any1 wanna try to solve my problem.