@UserProfileDir ...

CyberSlug

I might be the only user this affects, but @UserProfileDir returns the wrong directory on my computer becuase I always use TweakUI to put my Desktop folder on a different hard drive (since I use it for temporary downloads and working files)....

script_parser_exp.cpp uses Util_RegReadString(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell Folders", "Desktop", _MAX_PATH, szValue); to get the value...

Perhaps other locations could be checked (such as "Favorites" or "SendTo") and @UserProfileDir could return whatever matches the best 2 out of 3 paths or best 3 out of 5....

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Confirm the same here CS,

I have desktop, favorites, cookies and my documents on D drive.

%userprofile% = c:\documents and settings\MHz (original profile confirmed through run command)

@userprofiledir = d:\documents and settings (where other folders are with autoit)

strange?

The CMD shortcut in startmenu uses %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%.

Perhaps that is how %userprofile% generates it's setting with %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%?

Maybe @userprofile as well?

In here?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment]

Homedrive =

Homepath =

This should be in Bug thread perhaps?

1. Temporary fix for @UserProfileDir (Autoit Bug)

Changing the registry works for Autoit compiled executables. Change your name to your personal profile name.

Seems to reset after a reboot. So running Autoit compiled executables with @UserProfileDir after reboot will fail.

e.g.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

"Desktop"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\<YourName>\\Desktop"

2. Fix for %UserProfile%\Desktop , My Documents etc. (Microsoft Bug)

Create shortcuts to your initial user profile directory pointing to your moved profile folders.