DiabloCheat... so says CA Virus Protection

RearView

:whistle: I am sure someone here as gone thru this. CA (My Enterprise Virus Protection) is apparently marking ANY Compiled Script as the DiabloCheat Virus. Any Ideas? I have 5 Critical Scripts running in a Production area that will hurt us very badly if a quick workaround is not found!!!!!!!!!! Please Help! - Thank You in Advance - Shane

P.S. They were compiled in v2.64 or earlier

Jon - I understand that the issue is with the Vendor ..... It has already been done. With that said... aside from waiting on my Vendor to Admit/Decide they made a mistake (then get around to fixing it) do I have any alternatives other than re-writing/Compiling in another language.... I would hate for us abandon AutoIt! - Shane :whistle:

On the old forum, a user reported the same problem with Trendmicro AntiVirus.

You could try re-writing in AutoIt v3; it seems quite stable despite its BETA status. However, the amount of rewriting could be significant :whistle:

Another idea: Does your antivirus software support an exclusion list so you can tell it to ignore specifc files or folders? I know most versions of Norton/Symantec have this.

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

Jon - I understand that the issue is with the Vendor ..... It has already been done. With that said... aside from waiting on my Vendor to Admit/Decide they made a mistake (then get around to fixing it) do I have any alternatives other than re-writing/Compiling in another language.... I would hate for us abandon AutoIt! - Shane :whistle:

No alternatives. What can I do? They classify Autoit as a virus, I tell them it's not, usually within a day they fix it. The more people who complain the quicker they fix it. There is nothing else I can do. It's happened about 10 times in the last 2 years. I've even offered to show them how to detect it properly.

There is no workaround apart from turning your scanner off.

• Administrators

On the old forum, a user reported the same problem with Trendmicro AntiVirus.

You could try re-writing in AutoIt v3; it seems quite stable despite its BETA status.  However, the amount of rewriting could be significant :whistle:

Another idea:  Does your antivirus software support an exclusion list so you can tell it to ignore specifc files or folders?  I know most versions of Norton/Symantec have this.

Oh believe me. People are already writing nasty scripts in v3 - they'll classify that as a virus at some point.

Jon & CyberSlug

Thank You for your Replys... I am working on "Adjusting" my AV program now (with very limited success).

Jon, I can only imagine the frustration you go thru dealing with this type of Crap! I had this problem once before and it seemed to go away before action could be taken.

In case no one has mentioned it lately... Thank you VERY much for this program... it is a beautiful thing!

P.S. I down loaded v3 today and it looks like a lot has changed.... I am a heavy KiXtart user and these two make a great combination. I could not find it but is COM support being added? KixForms adds a very nice GUI to any COM Compatable Lang. (Just a Thought) - Thanks Shane

• Administrators

COM is not really on my list. I will be producing v3 versions of AutoItX and AutoItDLL which will allow the use of AutoIt within VBScript and other languages better at the COM side..

It was my intention to have v3 _just_ complex enough to cope with the new functions we wanted to add. For hardcore scripting + windows stuff I still see the best solution as VBScript+AutoItX.

COM is really hard to implement too :whistle:

Sounds like the guys making the AV updates just want to classify the whole program as a virus instead of doing their job and making the update to check for what the program is doing. But I would bet there are alot more people using Autoit for useful things than there are people making viruses with it. Lets hope so anyway. And if I haven't said it yet, Autoit ROCKS!!! Kudos to all that have had a hand in creating such an easy to use and powerful programming tool. I find new and useful things to do with it everyday.

:whistle:

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

• 4 weeks later...

:whistle: I am sure someone here as gone thru this. CA (My Enterprise Virus Protection) is apparently marking ANY Compiled Script as the DiabloCheat Virus. Any Ideas? I have 5 Critical Scripts running in a Production area that will hurt us very badly if a quick workaround is not found!!!!!!!!!! Please Help! - Thank You in Advance - Shane

P.S. They were compiled in v2.64 or earlier

hi heres what i think just check your computer for viruses you probly have the diabl virus eatcing away at your registry and that could cause anything the computer thinks is malitious code will not be loaded correctly try that it should work for you update your virus definitions or go to the nortin anti virus website and download the fix for the diablo virus and it will clean everything up ok hope that helps^^;;

• 1 year later...

What the hell? Who is this samtree guy? It says he's got 3 posts, but when I tried to look them up it only shows this one... Jeeze, who revives a year and half old post? Heh, although I find Jon's comment funny..

COM is not really on my list. I will be producing v3 versions of AutoItX and AutoItDLL which will allow the use of AutoIt within VBScript and other languages better at the COM side..

I don't even recognize "AutoItDLL."

Hey are you afriad the copes are gunna go take to jail cuz were taling about illigal stuuf...The cops could care less....And second off all they cant arrest you what ever you talk about...you could talk about blowing the shit out of somthing...ha