Hide Processes Completely

I wanted to know if there is a way to make processes completely hidden using auto-it. I know you can use the @SW_HIDE command but that only hides the window from the desktop. I need one that can hide a process from the Process's window of the task manager. Any suggestions?

You are definately looking at some close-to-viruslike activity when you do that. No person in his right mind in this forum will show you how to do that, not to mention that it is not possible without creating your own dll or hacking some system processes. Once again, that is like a virus, and those of this forum who do know how to do that will not show you the way.

Who else would I be?

I wanted to know if there is a way to make processes completely hidden using auto-it.  I know you can use the @SW_HIDE command but that only hides the window from the desktop.  I need  one that can hide a process from the Process's window of the task manager.  Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm doing it so I can hide a process on my computer so that a game (that detects the process and doesn't let you use the program) will not detect it and allow me to use the program on it. (in other words, I have a trainer for a game and I can't use it because the game was patched so that it detects whether the trainer is open on the user's pc or not).

If there was a way to remove the process from the listing in the task manager, it would not keep the process from being "seen" by another proceess unless the process _does_not_exist_ in which case, you would have to insert your own dll in a system proces. The dll will then run the code you need. Therefore, the same rule applies. You would still have to create your own dll, and you _still_ would not be able to do this with AutoIt. Go learn C++.

Who else would I be?

Well if the game is just stupid enough to only look in the process list, you dont need to hide it, just rename it. You can also rename many things and you may just look into things like reshack or such, I forget the exact name. They talk about it in changing version numbers and such here and many other places.

This is a similar free program:

http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d6peresourceeditor.htm

Even if you were able to hide the exe from the list, it might be doing a memory scan for the program, or easier yet, it might be just checking it's own memory for tampering.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I'll tell you something, but if the FBI comes knocking on my door I sear I'll kill you!

TheUnderground...

Anyways, the normal webadress won't work because, well the website is set up to be a "cover" to prevent "normal" people from finding it. Just go to that link, then go to the main page. Look in the articles archive. And, please, please, don't tell anyone else.