Using WinGetText but i cant see all text

nilus

Looking for help!!!

I have to read out data from a application which is written in Axiant 4GL. Some of the data i can read but some of the data is missing, which I need. It is a read only textbox field or a label (not sure), at least it looks like a textbox. It is also not in the hidden fields. Is there a different function which I can use to get the value of the textbox. I cant select it. I checked also already some OCR stuff what i found here but i dont get all values back.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nilus

AutoIt uses standard Windows APIs to get information like that. If the information is not available to Windows, it's not available to AutoIt. One of the primary ways that happens is when an app (Like Flash, ColdFusion, etc.) puts up text by graphically DRAWING it, instead of passing it to a Windows API to present on the screen. When that happens, Windows and AutoIt can't read it any better than they would a .jpg picture of a road sign. Some times, there is no text string in the background for what is presented on the screen.

With that huge caveat... have you checked it out with the AutoIt Window Info tool to get the actual class of the control?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

AutoIt uses standard Windows APIs to get information like that. If the information is not available to Windows, it's not available to AutoIt. One of the primary ways that happens is when an app (Like Flash, ColdFusion, etc.) puts up text by graphically DRAWING it, instead of passing it to a Windows API to present on the screen. When that happens, Windows and AutoIt can't read it any better than they would a .jpg picture of a road sign. Some times, there is no text string in the background for what is presented on the screen.

With that huge caveat... have you checked it out with the AutoIt Window Info tool to get the actual class of the control?

First Tx for the fast responce

ok the Class is FDSub and I checked all in Autoit Window Info Tool and I cant get a value.

So i guess i need create a tif and then OCR the particular area.

Sorry maybe it is a stupid question, I am a starter in dev, but is it possible to OCR right from the screen without to create a screen shot and save this one?

Tx Nilus

So i guess i need create a tif and then OCR the particular area.

Sorry maybe it is a stupid question, I am a starter in dev, but is it possible to OCR right from the screen without to create a screen shot and save this one?

Not that I know of... maybe one of the smart people will chime in with a clever way...

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law