Messing with Dllcall.

I was in the wrong forum, SORRY I could not delete...

Jon moved this in Support. I thank him.

Is there a way to extract from a .dll files the 'function' that accepts?

I made _EmailSend() as you probably know, and now I wonder how hard is remake it using the .dll version of blat. ( blat.dll )

Where should I start?

Any advice? :)

I am quite new to API call and .dlls...

Edited by ezzetabi

I AM IN THE WRONG FORUM, SORRY I can't delete...

Please Jon move this in Support. Thanks.

Is there a way to extract from a .dll files the 'function' that accepts?

I made _EmailSend() as you probably know, and now I wonder how hard is remake it using the .dll version of blat. ( blat.dll )

Where should I start?

Any advice?  :)

I am quite new to API call and .dlls...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are looking for an api spy. I did some googling for you and came up with this freeware one: API Tracer Level One. I haven't used it so I can't vouch for its usability but it says it does what you are looking for so give it a shot. Hope this helps!

*** Matt @ MPCS

'Download not avaiable'... any other idea? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was the only freeware api spy that I could find. If you know C++ you could look through their source and pull out the public references. If you don't know C++ then maybe someone else on this site can help you because I really don't have the time to be sifting through code right now. Sorry!

*** Matt @ MPCS

EDIT: According to Toby Korn's Blat DLL page there is at least a send function:

Declarations

VB Declare Statement:

Declare Function SendBlat Lib "blat.dll" Alias "Send" (ByVal sCmd As String) As Integer

Visual Foxpro 6 Example including Declare Statement (Compliments of Tim Charron):

dll_name="blat.dll"

dll_name=fullpath(dll_name)

DECLARE INTEGER Send in &dll_name STRING blatstring

teststring="blatdll.prg -t dest@abc.com -s 'test' -base64 -attach blat.dll"

result=Send(teststring)

? result

These aren't AutoIt references but you can see what parameters are required.

EDIT: Bad grammer mistakes

Edited by Matt @ MPCS

Worry not. If it is so problematic I can't of course ask it. Also I'd like a 'general' solution. Not just blat.dll .

I am starting with C++, probably in few weeks I'll start understanding something.

Thanks.

Ah Valik, I was missing your useless posts that just says 'F__k you' in kind ways.

No one force you helping me, ignore this thread if you think I don't deserve help.

As you may know. none come to this world 'already familiar with the Windows API' and with the 'opportunity to access raw API calls that would otherwise be unavailable' and some may want to learn.

Thanks for nothing.

ezzetabi, if I wanted to say fuck you to somebody, I'd say it. I have no need to sugar coat things. Surely you've figured that out by now.

The point you are so callously ignoring is that this is an AutoIt forum. This isn't a general Windows help for or an application centric forum for the DLL of the day. If you want to learn the Windows API, then go to MSDN and browse through the MSDN library online. If you want to know how blat's DLL works, go to their website and look for some documentation or something. The API to the DLL has to be documented somewhere, otherwise it would be pointless for the author to write it.

DllCall() is basically like Run, except instead of running an application, you run only a selected part of the application (A function). When you have a problem using an application, do you seek support at their site (Or documentation, whatever) or AutoIt's?

And just like Run(), the only "valid" requests for support here are in getting the syntax correct, not questions like "how do I use <insert DLL/function here>".

Edit: Just for shits and giggles, I had a look at blat's DLL. Did you even look at the author's web site? There is only one method in the DLL and that is Send which takes a string. The string is a command line for blat. It doesn't really get much easier than that.

Edited by Valik