my.computer object?

xwinterx

I know how to create the object... sorry... I just dont know what object to create... I know that if you use the namespace.(whatever) methods you create your object like:

$obj = ObjCreate("shell.application")

I just dunno what to put between the quotes for the my.computer object. "my.computer"?? didnt know if anyone had done that one before or not, successfully.

I know how to create the object... sorry... I just dont know what object to create... I know that if you use the namespace.(whatever) methods you create your object like:

$obj = ObjCreate("shell.application")

I just dunno what to put between the quotes for the my.computer object. "my.computer"?? didnt know if anyone had done that one before or not, successfully.

Depends on which methods and properties you want access to. What are you ultimately wanting to get? Name an example to work towards. There's also a good chance it will be ObjGet() vice ObjCreate() if you want to connect to a provider that is already running. So again, it depends on what you want to access.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Depends on which methods and properties you want access to. What are you ultimately wanting to get? Name an example to work towards. There's also a good chance it will be ObjGet() vice ObjCreate() if you want to connect to a provider that is already running. So again, it depends on what you want to access.

gotcha... I want to utilize the items in my.computer.network. I want to try utilizing the tcp/ip stuff.

gotcha... I want to utilize the items in my.computer.network. I want to try utilizing the tcp/ip stuff.

Hmm... looks like it would be very cool to access the my.computer or my.computer.network objects directly, but I don't think that method is available to AutoIt or any other scripting languages like VBS.

This needs a VisualBasic/VisualStudio person (which is NOT me), but I think those are built-in calls specific to those coding environments and not exposed to scripting languages like VBS or AutoIt. What is behind those my.computer objects is likely a proprietary library of DLL calls and C++ code that actually gets compiled when you use them in VisualStudio.

Disclaimer: That theory needs vetting by someone who knows more about that environment than I do.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law