Moving through fields on an IE window

nelix

I'm new to this so be gentle. I'm sure it's obvious to others but I can't seem to find anything with the searches I've run.

Anyway - I'm trying to automate entering data into an IE window. I need to be able to make different fields active so data can be typed in them by the script.

I've tried using Au3Info but don't know what that info does for me. Where do I enter that into my script?

I have my script working now using tabs to moves around the screen but need to use field activation/selection to make it better.

Thanks so much for your time,

nelix.

#include <IE.au3>

see:

_IECreate

_IEFormGetObjByName

_IEFormElementGetObjByName

_IEFormElementSetValue

_IEFormSubmit or _IEAction click

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

#include <IE.au3>

see:

_IECreate

_IEFormGetObjByName

_IEFormElementGetObjByName

_IEFormElementSetValue

_IEFormSubmit or _IEAction click

Dale

Thanks Dale. I've reviewed the help sections you suggested but am still confused. I've added my code so you could take a look. I'm using tabs to move to the correct field to enter the data. I need to be able to designate a certain field on the IE window. Tabs will only work if I know the start location.

CODE
; ### Enters times for Monday and Tuesday

Sleep(9000)

Send("{TAB 58}")

Send("07:30{TAB}a{TAB}11:00{TAB}a{TAB}12:00{TAB}p{TAB}4:30{TAB}p")

Send("{TAB 9}")

Sleep(1000)

Send("07:30{TAB}a{TAB}11:00{TAB}a{TAB}12:00{TAB}p{TAB}4:30{TAB}p")

IE.au3 isn't about using tabs to move between fields.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

If you work through the examples in the helpfile for IE.au3 (don't just read them, run them) AutoIt can do this easily.

Otherwise, look at iOpus iMacros.

Dale