Autoit comes up as virus?

phatzilla

Try www.virustotal.com

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

put in your compiled scripts and tell me if there's some false positives.

These things really damage credability.

it isn't entirely uncommon to get false positives, if you search through the forums for "virus" you'll see that it has happened often in the past with various antivirus software

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

it isn't entirely uncommon to get false positives, if you search through the forums for "virus" you'll see that it has happened often in the past with various antivirus software

If people would just read the sticky messages at the top of this forum, including the one titled Are my AutoIt EXE's really infected?. But I guess that's too complicated, since so many fail to do the simplest of things. And to suggest they search the forum.... what are you CRAZY, that's even harder than reading a sticky message! Talk about damaging credibility.

If people would just read the sticky messages at the top of this forum, including the one titled Are my AutoIt EXE's really infected?. But I guess that's too complicated, since so many fail to do the simplest of things. And to suggest they search the forum.... what are you CRAZY, that's even harder than reading a sticky message! Talk about damaging credibility.

I suppose that would be better. I just remember reading a lot of issues in the past on the forums that mostly all led to the same answers, didn't realize there was a sticky message that was added.

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

No need to be hateful now. =]

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

I suppose that would be better. I just remember reading a lot of issues in the past on the forums that mostly all led to the same answers, didn't realize there was a sticky message that was added.

I'm right there with ya maqleod, and being a "noob" myself I was shocked to see how often this question has been asked. Especially since that sticky message was create Oct 17, 2006. Now when the message itself became a "sticky" I don't know but JSThePatriot and some of the others on that thread... now they are da shit, not me :). i just keep it simple and read and search before asking questions.

@fear1313 - hey brother, no hate in my heart for no one. Jon and the dev team have been working on this false positive issue for almost a year. Uten gives some great pointers on post #4. I just thought it was ironic for the pot to try and call the kettle black. After all the Auto Team has done more to fix this known issue than some Johnny come lately who chose not to read the stickies or search the forum. Speaking of which... what is the whole idea behind the "sticky message" again... oh yeah, something about having important information that doesn't get buried, right? That's all my friend!

@Yo Johnny (aka phatzilla) - its all good shorty, it's not like what I said was bad information. To take what I say personally... better hope some of the others don't give you a piece of their minds. There are some loaded pistols who will gun you down harder and faster that I could ever bring myself to do. Its all tough love if you think about it right :).

Edited by ssubirias3

• Moderators

Apparently Member # 14147 is hot shit.

I'm not quite sure where you think he is wrong in what he posted personally.

1. Emphasis: Please read the forum sticky's before you post a commonly asked question.

2. Just in case you didn't, here's the link.

3. Explanation on why the OP was incorrect in his assumption.

The above 3 are far more than you offered, obviously not being an educated autoit user yourself.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.