Simple AutoIt Autoupdater

Buey

For AutoIt junkies who hate updating all the time, this will check if the release or beta versions have changed, and silently download and install them. It will also install SciTE4AutoIt3 if either have changed. Modified from the updater included with AutoIt, but completely silent. Just run it using Windows Task Scheduler every week or so to keep yourself up to date.

If you'd rather have Windows Run the script instead of Edit it by default, change the "Edit" in the RegWrite to "Run". And if you don't want beta, get rid of the beta If...EndIf

Updated: Checks version of SciTE now and downloads if it has been updated, only.

autoitupdate.au3

Edited by Buey

It updated Scite but not any AutoIt (normal or Beta).

Also, maybe you could add some way so that you can still choose you want double clicking .au3 files to do because I run things by double clicking them and edit them by right clicking but your script changed so that double clicking opens it in scite.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

If your AutoIt is already up to date it won't update, but if that isn't the case and it's still not working let me know.

To have .au3 files run on default instead of open in SciTe, change the "Edit" in the RegWrite command to "Run".