How hide process

akorx

• Developers

How can i do to hide completly my process in Task Manager (Windows XP SP2) ? "#NoTrayIcon" hide the icon but not the process...

Welcome,

But Why ?

1. didn't you use the search option? this has been asked many times.

2. any legitimate reason you want to do this ?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hate to say this but don't bother asking, I had/have a legitimate reason to and no one even posted on my thread and it's the same with almost every other one as well.

• Developers

Hate to say this but don't bother asking, I had/have a legitimate reason to and no one even posted on my thread and it's the same with almost every other one as well.

If you don't mind I do want to understand why somebody, as opening post, asks a question like this.

I have never yet seen any legitimate reason and can only suspect viral intentions, but like to give a chance to explain first.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

If you don't mind I do want to understand why somebody, as opening post, asks a question like this.

I have never yet seen any legitimate reason and can only suspect viral intentions, but like to give a chance to explain first.

Likewise, whenever I see a "questionable" request like this, I too often find that the person has joined within the previous day and has a total of a maximum of 5 posts, all of which concern me about the intent. I'm always happy to help where my knowledge permits, but I weigh such factors regularly.

Back to the question at hand, however, I don't know of such a method (hiding app processes), and would avoid such in my own applications.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

• Developers

I want to use it on a Lan in order to survey some applications like msn... but i don't want my users see it...

Then all you need to do is to hide the systray icon in my mind.

I doubt if users will constandly check the running processes and even if they do, what is the problem with them knowing about it ?

Best prevention in my mind is telling them you will actively scan PC's.

Jos

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have also wondered if this is possible. And it is for a legitimate reason. The script I am currently working on is migrating users to a domain. Now most user will use the script, but I know a few people who will try and migrate themselves, in which case will not be able to and cause more headaches for me.

So I would like to be able to hide the script while it is running so there is no way they can exit out of the script. I really don;t want them to be tempted to use the Task Manager to stop the Process. Maybe I am a little bit paranoid, but it would make me feel better to know the user isn't going to play around while the script is running.

To me I feel like it would be beneficial and needed to hide the process. I realize some people would be trying to find this out for "bad" reasons, but I would never do this, as I would be fired if I ever messed around with things like that. :)

Edited by savj14

• Developers

I have also wondered if this is possible. And it is for a legitimate reason. The script I am currently working on is migrating users to a domain. Now most user will use the script, but I know a few people who will try and migrate themselves, in which case will not be able to and cause more headaches for me.

So I would like to be able to hide the script while it is running so there is no way they can exit out of the script. I really don;t want them to be tempted to use the Task Manager to stop the Process. Maybe I am a little bit paranoid, but it would make me feel better to know the user isn't going to play around while the script is running.

To me I feel like it would be beneficial and needed to hide the process. I realize some people would be trying to find this out for "bad" reasons, but I would never do this, as I would be fired if I ever messed around with things like that. :)

This to me is not hiding the Program from the tasklist, but hiding the windows while the pointing and clicking is going on ...

This can be done by either a winhide() and using Control*() statements OR just put a SplashTextOn() on top of the whole thing while processing ...

Jos :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.