Adding means to read data from text file to existing autoit script

bflight

Good morning!

I have written an autoit script to automate the install of some software that's used here at work, however i've been asked to modify it so certain bits of information pertaining to where to install the software can be read from a simple text file.

I was directed to an example in the help section of autoit, and have made a stab at hacking this ability into my script, but its simply not working as intended.

I have attached both my original script and my work in progress script (as well as my example settings.txt which i want my script to read from) - could anyone give me a few pointers?

Thanks in advance!

-brad

evault_installer_WIP.au3

Edited by bflight

hi, ive read through your script, and u used $Settings[0] and so on, but the data in $Settings[0] is the number of records read into the array.

so just start off with $Settings[1] and so on. and you'll be ok

oh and watch out you left out a line where we can se the registration code for your software your installing :)

hi, ive read through your script, and u used $Settings[0] and so on, but the data in $Settings[0] is the number of records read into the array.

so just start off with $Settings[1] and so on. and you'll be ok

oh and watch out you left out a line where we can se the registration code for your software your installing :)

thanks for the tip, ill try that now.

I realized the code was in there shortly after uploading and have since corrected it. ah well, c'est la vie (they are demo keys anyway - aka won't properly activate :) )

Edited by bflight