shell context menu

wok

hi!

I have a question that's hopefully easy to answer. I'd like to show a shell context menu on the screen, for a specific file.

My problem is, that I don't even know how to how to display a shell context menu in other languages, but that's due to my shallow Windows (scripting or whatever) knowledge.

So, if anyone had an idea, I would be really thankful.

(my final idea is to add an extension to a source code editor where you can right-click on a tab and ClearCase context menu pops up (which is part of the shell context menu and varies depending on the file status))

Thanks.

will you open your program when you click on a file

You mean ClearCase?

What I'd like to have is a script that captures a click on the editor tab and then display the shell context menu for the specific file. ClearCase has a submenu in the context menu.

But for now it would be nice to know, how to display this Windows shell context menu for _any_ given file at all? :-)

can you post the script

there's no script yet. :-)

it's in the planning phase and this is what I'm missing.

do you know PSPad? when you right click on the file tabs, you have a context menu, and one option is to display the system context menu for that file. and I'd like to have something similar.

You need a context menu. Look in the helpfile "GUICtrlCreateContextMenu"

well, the point is - I need the system context menu, displayed by Windows (the same you have in the Explorer on right click), not just a context menu created by myself :-)

You can't mess with other programs' context menus. You can add shell extensions to Windows overall, but that requires a compiled language such as C++.

I don't want to mess with them. For the moment I'd just like to somehow invoke the standard Windows shell context menu :-)

Any ideas? :-)