Creating a GUI sticky to Desktop

Polyphem

Hi Guys,

i searching for a way, to create a GUI sticky to the desktop.

It should be behind the icons and before the background... is that possible or are the icons and the background connected? Read something about the desktop being a listview control in the end.

What i want to create in the end is something like that dreamscene background coming with vista ultimate on an xp machine.

Best Regards

This post will be edited again by Polyphem: Tomorrow, 11:55 AM

I think you can do this by getting the window handel of the desktop and set it as the parent to your own window. believe I have seen samples in the forum a year ago or something.

but why not use active desktop for this purpose?

tried it with active desktop, but it does not give me the degree of freedom i want (cannot be placed and locked properly, restricted to webpage-content) for this app, maybe i want to add other gadgets too (e.g. clock, quick-start)... the story is, i bought a lcd-display and want to set up a truely cool looking desktop with a 1920x1080 movie loop in the background, processing power is no question :)... but from positioning point of view your right, i want a gui to be placed exactly as the active desktop, always before the background and behind the icons...

and set it as the parent to your own window. believe I have seen samples in the forum a year ago or something.

already tried it with _API_SetParent($testgui, _API_GetDesktopWindow()) from A3LWinAPI.au3 with no luck... guess i'm just not deep enough in the concept... searched the forum already extensivly, if it has been discused already, at least not with the keywords i searched for...

Thanks for your answers and cheers...

Edited by Polyphem
This post will be edited again by Polyphem: Tomorrow, 11:55 AM