Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

Madza91

From help file:

The following hotkeys cannot be set:

Ctrl+Alt+Delete It is reserved by Windows

F12 It is also reserved by Windows, according to its API.

NumPad's Enter Key Instead, use {Enter} which captures both Enter keys on the keyboard.

Win+B,D,E,F,L,M,R,U; and Win+Shift+M These are built-in Windows shortcuts. Note: Win+B and Win+L might only be reserved on Windows XP and above.

Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Win These are the modifier keys themselves!

Other Any global hotkeys a user has defined using third-party software, any combos of two or more "base keys" such as '{F1}{F2}', and any keys of the form '{LALT}' or '{ALTDOWN}'.

Enable Task Manager:

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "DisableTaskMgr", "REG_DWORD", "0")
THANK YOU MAN YOU ARE THE BEST :)

[quote name='dbzfanatic' post='609696' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:46 AM']This is a help forum not a "write this for me" forum.[/quote](Sorry for bad English) :)

Wow...way to help a script kiddie write a virus. Good Job!

Good point and if there are any friendly mos out there maybe they can remove this tread before the information travels too far.

There's also another wa to do it but I'll not be posting that code.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

This question gets asked all the time. Dam shame we can have it so the forum blocks it from even being posted in the first place.

That would be a nightmare scripting job for Jon I think. For now all we can do is teach people not to reply to these questions and have the Mods delete replies that people put up anyway.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Good point and if there are any friendly mos out there maybe they can remove this tread before the information travels too far.

There's also another wa to do it but I'll not be posting that code.

while it may be true that this can be used for malicious purposes, there are a few far better ways to achieve this that would be worse. The particular example that was given is useful for anyone who just wants any semi-public or public computer from being messed with (and yes I know there are better ways to do this too) without putting too many restrictions in place.

All this does is pop up a message that says task manager has been disabled when you try and launch it.

I'm not saying this needs to stay, just pointing out that others who don't have malicious intent may find it useful.

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

while it may be true that this can be used for malicious purposes, there are a few far better ways to achieve this that would be worse. The particular example that was given is useful for anyone who just wants any semi-public or public computer from being messed with (and yes I know there are better ways to do this too) without putting too many restrictions in place.

All this does is pop up a message that says task manager has been disabled when you try and launch it.

I'm not saying this needs to stay, just pointing out that others who don't have malicious intent may find it useful.

Ive found that there are VERY few valid situations where it is even advisable to prevent the use of Ctrl+Alt+Del. It should require an awful lot of justification for someone to post any code that will do it.

I'm surprised that a mod has not yet deleted the code from this thread.

George

I think you are all debating a moot point.

1st it is only for the current user.

2nd google for "disable ctrl alt del" and you'll get 10 pages of how to do it.

3rd being that there is a pop-up that will let you know it's been disable, would be easy to fix

4th there are companys that have group policies that lock down computers more this 1 line of code does.

could go on with more, but no need to.

Edited by GaryFrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I think you are all debating a moot point.

1st it is only for the current user.

2nd google for "disable ctrl alt del" and you'll get 10 pages of how to do it.

3rd being that there is a pop-up that will let you know it's been disable, would be easy to fix

4th there are companys that have group policies that lock down computers more this 1 line of code does.

could go on with more, but no need to.

I see nothing but valdity in your post Gary.

BTW: What are you doing up so early?? :):)

Edited by GaryFrost

George