Modifying Strings from Input boxes and Jumping to locations in the script.

Allegro

I am using AutoIt to automatically install software. I need to prompt users for information such as "Drive to intall to" or "Does an earlier Version Exist" etc.

The questions are:

1) How do you take a field from an input box and modify a string (path) with it in the case of the Drive Letter.

2) Is it possible to scan a local drive to determine which one already has the software installed and use its Drive letter?

3) How do you "jump" to another location on the script in the case of an earlier version does exist. A new software install is different than an update.

I would like to incorporate all this into a single script rather than seperate ones based on which drive it will be installed on.

Any help or example would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The questions are:

1) How do you take a field from an input box and modify a string (path) with it in the case of the Drive Letter.

Try reading the help file on FileSelectFolder().

2) Is it possible to scan a local drive to determine which one already has the software installed and use its Drive letter?

Yes, but most programs put that information in the registry. Try reading the help file on RegRead().

3) How do you "jump" to another location on the script in the case of an earlier version does exist. A new software install is different than an update.

Try reading in the help file on If/Else/EndIf, Select/Case/EndSelect, and Switch/Case/EndSwitch.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law