Simple Question

Vert

Hello, I have a quick question regarding the Send() function. I would like to know if it is possible to store a variable, then use it as such:

$x = "A"

Send("{" && $x && " down}")

Of course, what I have above doesn't work, but that's basically what I need to do: my program gets the input of a single key from the user, then tries to hold it down. How do I accomplish this?

Edited by Vert

Hello, I have a quick question regarding the Send() function. I would like to know if it is possible to store a variable, then use it as such:

x = "A"

Send("{" && x && " down}")

Of course, what I have above doesn't work, but that's basically what I need to do: my program gets the input of a single key from the user, then tries to hold it down. How do I accomplish this?

I haven't tested this but you might want to try ....

$x = "A"
Send('{ && }' & $x & '{ && }' & '{down}')

Edit: typo...

Edited by Fossil Rock

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Mayby:

$x = "A"
Send("{" & $x & "down" & "}")

Try it ^^

I removed my previous post which contained useless information :)

The example above will not work, since "{" & $x & "down" & "}" results in Adown and you need a space between A and down :) So change it to "{" & $x & " down" & "}". Note the space before down.

More importantly, holding down a key is, as the helpfile states, generally only useful for games. I did it to delay RSI injuries while playing GTA San Andreas :P So whether this works or not depends on what you want to use it for...

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.