Office 2003 Integrator

igorm

Office 2003 Integrator

With this application you can integrate Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 into administrative install of Office 2003. You can use this application to create admin install.

If you have any problems with this application, or you think that you found a bug please report it here. I write some small help which you can reach in program using menu Help ->Help.

I uploaded program as attachment. Hope you'll like it.

Source Code:

Removed. Reason: Security

This project is continued with developing here. Many new features are added. Current version is 1.4 beta 2

Posted Image

HISTORY:

- Version 1.1 beta is out;

- Support for integrating hotfixes is added;

- Help is updated;

- GUI is improved, and some splash screens are added during integration;

- Source code is updated;

- Uploaded as attachment;

- If you want this program to work properly you need to download it. Reason for this is because in integrator is included 7-zip and one .cmd file. If you use source code to get program, you need to figure out how to add 7-zip and cmd file can be found here:

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/48/

- 7-zip is included under the terms of the GNU LGPL.

Please report if you find any bugs.

-------------------------------------------------------------

- Fixed small bug with path, thanks to MadBoy for this;

- Now this is Final version, not beta anymore;

- Source code is updated;

- Message Box is added when creation process of admin install is finished, and when integration is finished;

- Final version is uploaded as attachment.

Plans for next version: For now, no any plans, maybe just some more improvements to GUI.

Number of beta downloads: 4

Number of version 1.0 Final downloads:6

OfficeIntegrator.exe

Cheers :)

Edited by igorm

Office 2003 Integrator

With this application you can integrate Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 into administrative install of Office 2003. You can use this application to create admin install.

If you have any problems with this application, or you think that you found a bug please report it here. I write some small help which you can reach in program using menu Help ->Help.

Can you post source aswell? Will be much easier to trust you if the source is there :)

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Sorry dude, for now I don't want to post source. I can't see reason for not trusting me.

I can see quite a few :)

1. You have 9 post and counting..

2. You are new

3. This is examples forum so if you post here it's good aproach to give ppl example of what they can achieve and show them the way to do it.

4. Only very few programs here don't have source and why they don't have source is because it's security reason (like obfuscators or so).

Without more details and code I wouldn't think of trying It.

Now just from the screenshot

The Image would have looked better with a transparent background. That being said, just using that image on an aplication could get your arse sued off. It's copyrighted and the Office logo is trademarked. How many other proprietary works have you used in it?

Edit: Okay, now you have posted the code (while I was replying) I'll take a deeper look at it.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

The Image would have looked better with a transparent background.

I'm not sure what do you think but I did not use any transparency, borders look transparent because of my Windows theme.

And about this copyright I totally forgot, I'll replace picture soon with something else. Thanks for pointing me on that.

Guys, I just found one problem in my script, so I need a little help. Problem is in this two commands:

Runwait("msiexec /p "&@TempDir&"\sp3\MAINSP3.msp /a "&$path7&"\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb")
        Runwait("msiexec /p "&@TempDir&"\sp3\OWC11SP3.msp /a "&$path7&"\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb")

It wont be executed if I select for path (in inputbox for location of admin install) MyDocuments or ProgramFiles/something, but if i select E:\something it will be executed.

Any suggestion how to fix this?

Edited by igorm

Guys, I just found one problem in my script, so I need a little help. Problem is in this two commands:

Runwait("msiexec /p "&@TempDir&"\sp3\MAINSP3.msp /a "&$path7&"\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb")
        Runwait("msiexec /p "&@TempDir&"\sp3\OWC11SP3.msp /a "&$path7&"\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb")

It wont be executed if I select for path (in inputbox for location of admin install) MyDocuments or ProgramFiles/something, but if i select E:\something it will be executed.

Any suggestion how to fix this?

Try making it so that when it reads the path the path is in quotes:

Runwait("msiexec /p "&@TempDir&"\sp3\MAINSP3.msp /a "'$path7&'"\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb')
        Runwait("msiexec /p "&@TempDir&'\sp3\OWC11SP3.msp /a "'&$path7&'"\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb')

Or something like that.

Edited by powaking

Thanks for reply but your example did not worked and I still can not figure other way.

Any other suggestion please?

RunWait("msiexec /p " & @TempDir & '\sp3\MAINSP3.msp /a "' & $path7 & '\PRO11.msi" SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb') 
RunWait("msiexec /p " & @TempDir & '\sp3\OWC11SP3.msp /a "' & $path7 & '\OWC11.MSI" SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb')
; or maybe
RunWait("msiexec /p " & @TempDir & '\sp3\OWC11SP3.msp /a OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb', $path7)

RunWait("msiexec /p " & @TempDir & '\sp3\MAINSP3.msp /a "' & $path7 & '\PRO11.msi" SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb') 
RunWait("msiexec /p " & @TempDir & '\sp3\OWC11SP3.msp /a "' & $path7 & '\OWC11.MSI" SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb')
; or maybe
RunWait("msiexec /p " & @TempDir & '\sp3\OWC11SP3.msp /a OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb', $path7)
Thank you for help. It works now like a charm!

Nice program for integration and creation of an admin install point.

What I have seen attempted previously on another forum (I never got it to work correctly) is to take the Off 2003 disk copy it to a folder and proceed to actually patch it, and then put all the patched files back into the cabs they belonged in. This included the script to create the reg keys that told the target system what service packs/hotfixes had been applied after the setup had been run on the system. Basically slipstreaming service packs into the source disk and then putting the genie back into the bottle, keeping reasonably close to the original setup disk's distribution size.

I believe the post was on the MSFN forum as "slipstream Office 2003 SP1 & rebuild CD".

The way I do a distro disk now is I script the install to do the setup and then call ohotfix to do each patch in sequence afterwards followd by a reboot for good measure. Thankfully the recent release of SP3 reduced the number of files in my "patch" directory down to 4 (including the latest Outlook junk filter update).

Have you given any thought to trying your hand at the actual slipstreaming of the patches and then reconstituting the source back into cabs?

Thanks,

S

Edited by Schmagagled

• 2 years later...

I used the download at the top of this post, but when I ran it against a Windows 2003 STD EDITION, it failed applying the SP3 updates. It said that the MSI package was missing.

Now knowing how the Office Slipstream process works, and having tried it manually already, I knew that the package on the Office 2003 Standard Edition was "STD11.MSI" not "PRO11.MSI". When I copied the .MSI over to PRO11.MSI, it worked. So I applied the slipstream, then copied it back over the STD11.MSI package when done.

Hopefully that works, but it is a bug in the standard package.

Note: The GUI senses it is standard edition (i.e. it says it on the top line) but does not adjust to the different .MSI installer file name.

I used the download at the top of this post, but when I ran it against a Windows 2003 STD EDITION, it failed applying the SP3 updates. It said that the MSI package was missing.

Now knowing how the Office Slipstream process works, and having tried it manually already, I knew that the package on the Office 2003 Standard Edition was "STD11.MSI" not "PRO11.MSI". When I copied the .MSI over to PRO11.MSI, it worked. So I applied the slipstream, then copied it back over the STD11.MSI package when done.

Hopefully that works, but it is a bug in the standard package.

Note: The GUI senses it is standard edition (i.e. it says it on the top line) but does not adjust to the different .MSI installer file name.

More Info: Integate hotfixes did not appear to work. . .they immediately come back and say "HotFixes integrated". . . Argh!